AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
THANK YOU Step 22 for inventing this! No more rattling.. I have tried a few DIY mods which helped but this prevents the rattle and works way better than the traditional Hi-Lift handle keeper.

If you run a hi-lift on your rig GET THIS!

$30 well spent.

I also have the Hi-Lift cover. It works great to keep the crud off of your jack and won't fall apart like the neoprene ones.

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

THANK YOU Step 22 for inventing this! No more rattling.. I have tried a few DIY mods which helped but this prevents the rattle and works way better than the traditional Hi-Lift handle keeper.

If you run a hi-lift on your rig GET THIS!

$30 well spent.

I also have the Hi-Lift cover. It works great to keep the crud off of your jack and won't fall apart like the neoprene ones.

That may work for some but prob not me. My Hi-Lift is currently mounted on the right side of my Prinsu rack front to back. I have tried the factory handle keeper to no avail as was shown. So then I took the handle off completely and I still have a terrible rattle. I hear it on the left side of my roof rack directly opposite the Hi-Lift main mechanism. I have bungeed and secured the main mechanism several different ways and still have a rattle. I thought it might be my awning poles rattling. Nope. So i took off the main working mechanism of the Hi-lift off of the bar. So now I have only the Hi-lift bar on the rack and the rattle is gone. I would just put the bar inside but I have the Extreme and it is 60" and will not fit inside my 4Runner unless half of the back seat is down so it stays on top at this point. I'm going to put that piece in a milk crate with all the other Hi-lift pieces and accessories I have. I guess I will have to re-assemble my Hi-lift at some point if I need to use it. Look closely in this pic and you will see the only thing on the Hi-Lift bar is the beak that comes with the recovery kit. It is securely bolted to the bar and does not move or rattle. IMG_1039.JPG

Last edited:

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
That may work for some but prob not me. My Hi-Lift is currently mounted on the right side of my Prinsu rack front to back. I have tried the factory handle keeper to no avail as was shown. So then I took the handle off completely and I still have a terrible rattle. I hear it on the left side of my roof rack directly opposite the Hi-Lift main mechanism. I have bungeed and secured the main mechanism several different ways and still have a rattle. I thought it might be my awning poles rattling. Nope. So i took off the main working mechanism of the Hi-lift off of the bar. So now I have only the Hi-lift bar on the rack and the rattle is gone. I would just put the bar inside but I have the Extreme and it is 60" and will not fit inside my 4Runner unless half of the back seat is down so it stays on top at this point. I'm going to put that piece in a milk crate with all the other Hi-lift pieces and accessories I have. I guess I will have to re-assemble my Hi-lift at some point if I need to use it. Look closely in this pic and you will see the only thing on the Hi-Lift bar is the beak that comes with the recovery kit. It is securely bolted to the bar and does not move or rattle. View attachment 116444
Or you could spend $30, put it back together and be ready to go. :)

I mentioned the product from HI-Lift didn’t work. I have a 3rd party accessory that can make the HI-Lift a jaws of life device if needed. The last thing I need is to have to scramble to assemble multiple parts. Good luck with your gear setup.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
There’s one in every crowd. If anyone finds this useful great..:smirk:
I find it useful, mine is sitting in the garage too and silent. See the problem is, while the jacks aren't exactly cheep they are cheaply coated in cheap paint that falls off in the first year of ownership. This causes them to be unsafe so mine sits until I have to the time to clean it up and paint it a good oil based paint after I spray an etching solution on it so the paint adheres to the jack. Kind of surprised nobody has come out with a comparable jack to the Hi-Lift with it Cerkoted.

Reactions: Brewbud

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

I find it useful, mine is sitting in the garage too and silent. See the problem is, while the jacks aren't exactly cheep they are cheaply coated in cheap paint that falls off in the first year of ownership. This causes them to be unsafe so mine sits until I have to the time to clean it up and paint it a good oil based paint after I spray an etching solution on it so the paint adheres to the jack. Kind of surprised nobody has come out with a comparable jack to the Hi-Lift with it Cerkoted.
I agree about the paint. And mine didn't really start rusting until I put it in one of the covers. Seems the cover held moisture.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
In the dry southwest I have had no issues with the paint on my Hi-Lift. I will consider myself lucky. Even if you don't leave on on your rig all the time when you do put one on for the trails this keeps it quiet. That's the main point. It has worked great so far.