Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

That's great! Thanks! Can add it to my Gravel roads of Colorado map; Colorado Gravel Roads

I wish this was available for every State.

That Utah link has some wonderful features when you play the video the dot moves on the map and a cone shows the direction of the camera view!

Last edited:

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

That's great! Thanks! Can add it to my Gravel roads of Colorado map; Colorado Gravel Roads

I wish this was available for every State.

That Utah link has some wonderful features when you play the video the dot moves on the map and a cone shows the direction of the camera view!
I am planning on hitting some Colorado areas coming up, so thanks for that link!

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Hate to complain since it is free but few roads are in the systems as of now.
Yeah, I notice there a quite a bit missing, but they do throw out the disclaimer that it's a work in progress. I don't think you find much like this elsewhere though, so it's a good start.

jwolfski

Rank 0

Contributor I

Utah, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Wolf
Hi everyone, I'm happy to see the positive response we have received over our Access Map Project. I manage the team that is currently collecting the video.
Just to clarify all road centerlines you see on the map are "claimed RS2477 Right of ways" by the county and the state of Utah. Our team is ground-truthing these routes to determine if they are open for motorized travel. So it is imperative that you cross-reference each route with the local land managers Motorized vehicle route maps, be it BLM or USFS, to determine if the route is open for motorized vehicle use. Be it car, truck, UTV, or ATV. You can also check with the local counties' road maps for further guidance. Access Map is only one additional tool you can use to research your trip.

WARNING* It is not guaranteed that the claimed RS2477 Right-of-way displayed on Access Map is currently opened to motor vehicle traffic. The State of Utah makes no claim that these roads are open to vehicular traffic. They are intended as a historical reference only to RS2477 Routes.

Before heading into Utah's wild places, it's important to check ahead to know if the trail you want to access is open to your mode of transportation. Land management agencies will often post this information on their website or have a number you can call to learn more. In case of changes, have a backup plan and always let someone know where you are going to be in case of emergencies.

Motor vehicle use maps (MVUM) show what trails are open to your type of vehicle. Some off-road trails are available to ATVs and UTVs but not full-sized vehicles. Riding on designated trails helps keep trails from widening, becoming damaged, and getting closed. By learning how to Tread Lightly! with a free online awareness course, you can also help keep trails open, healthy and beautiful.

jwolfski

Rank 0

Contributor I

Utah, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Wolf
We took the first initial feedback and made the application more mobile-friendly.
You should have a better user experience on the phone now.

We are actively updating the app with feedback. So please email publiclands@utah.gov
We are a small team, our area of focus for the summer will be the southeastern portion of Utah. So stay tuned for updates!

I won't be checking this forum very often, so please contact us directly with feedback. Thanks!

Reactions: mface7

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

We took the first initial feedback and made the application more mobile-friendly.
You should have a better user experience on the phone now.

We are actively updating the app with feedback. So please email publiclands@utah.gov
We are a small team, our area of focus for the summer will be the southeastern portion of Utah. So stay tuned for updates!

I won't be checking this forum very often, so please contact us directly with feedback. Thanks!
Thanks! I think this will be a great resource!

kentrik

Rank 0

Contributor I

Utah
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Christensen
NOICE!

Thank you for sharing that! Super great to have for someone like me, who relies WAY too much on apps more than maps, haha.