Starting to explore the Adirondack's and points west.

• HTML tutorial

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Did a drive through and found so many rivers, streams. brooks of clear water just hoping to be fished. Not finding an abundance of spots to camp and fish.. Since my daughter has moved to NW NY I'll be traveling through a bit more than I have ever (like never..). All new to me! We just ran the Olympic Byway into Lake Placid and stayed in Willington Notch. Cool spot, but want something better.. Seems there's no Federal Land around there, so private or state owned.

Those of the know.. I'd love to hear from ya. Happy to share my off-the-path NH spots with ya in exchange. PM if you prefer.

Reactions: Dusther210

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Get on iOverlander. ADK is a massive area and there's quite a few hot points on there.
Ya, really not that much on iOverlander. Loaded in around Moose River Plains, but not so much else where... I use several different apps to spot out what might be good. ADK is pretty locked down unless you hike or paddle.

I have two unique spots I've found and willing to trade for a few more!

Reactions: Disco Patrol

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Ya, really not that much on iOverlander. Loaded in around Moose River Plains, but not so much else where... I use several different apps to spot out what might be good. ADK is pretty locked down unless you hike or paddle.

I have two unique spots I've found and willing to trade for a few more!
I can give you a good spot. Just send me a DM. I haven't been there in a little over a year so I don't know what's going on there but it's loaded w/ trails and camping spots. Beautiful views too.

20200717_161925 (1).jpg

Reactions: Disco Patrol