Starting over again for the last time . 2016 jku rubicon hard rock .

• HTML tutorial

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Hi my name is Shaun and I have a bad case of vehicular ADD . I have bounced around from vehicle to vehicle for far to long , always finding flaws in one form or another that would have me buy a rig build it up drive it for a while then eventually sell it , sometimes for a profit , sometimes break even . And it has been fun and had a lot of good times doing it but the cycle just got old. Probably talking well over 40 rigs . so I finally decided to buy something new enough to have a warranty.
No name yet and no big plans for build , switching most my camping gear to more backpacking style to keep things light and compact as possible. Stay tuned for adventures . BBD2CD7D-450F-43BE-81D9-0B577D7A492E.jpeg

#jeep #jku

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Right on, a JKUR is a great platform. I like your approach of just a simple lift for now, and see what it does for you. I think that's the way to start, though I'm HORRIBLE at following my own advice.

-TJ

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

The metalcloak bumpstops are super nice, they really made a huge difference! I installed them awhile after my 2,5" lift. Shocks on the shorter side so I can maintain the full uptravel.
I installed the lift on purpose after the original stuff was worn out and didn't handle the weight nicely.

Reactions: Smileyshaun

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

The metalcloak bumpstops are super nice, they really made a huge difference! I installed them awhile after my 2,5" lift. Shocks on the shorter side so I can maintain the full uptravel.
I installed the lift on purpose after the original stuff was worn out and didn't handle the weight nicely.
i was hoping to go with the terraflex bumpstops but I have to do things on the cheap side for a while with all the money I dropped into my truck before I got fed up with it and traded it in and putting the down and everything on the jeep to combat The skyrocketing vehicle pricing right now.

Reactions: MazeVX

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

very cool...hope you have a great weekend!
I definitely will and once I get back it’s going to be back in the wood shop mode. That was a big decision in buying something with a warranty I got tired of the time I did have off getting taken up by cars and not a woodworking

• Love
Reactions: grubworm

Sherwood

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Coopersburg, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Sherwood
Last Name
Probeck
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE3MI / WRDQ933
Service Branch
USAF Veteran
Hi my name is Shaun and I have a bad case of vehicular ADD . I have bounced around from vehicle to vehicle for far to long , always finding flaws in one form or another that would have me buy a rig build it up drive it for a while then eventually sell it , sometimes for a profit , sometimes break even . And it has been fun and had a lot of good times doing it but the cycle just got old. Probably talking well over 40 rigs . so I finally decided to buy something new enough to have a warranty.
No name yet and no big plans for build , switching most my camping gear to more backpacking style to keep things light and compact as possible. Stay tuned for adventures . View attachment 199061

#jeep #jku
Been there too, finally settled on a 2020 4Runner Venture series. My last rig was a 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2 door that I had totally modified and dumped a lot money into, but in the end it was limited in cargo capacity. Been modifying my 4Runner for the past year and have it pretty close to where I want it.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Needed a quick way to separate some gear this morning so I whipped up this quick shelf , I’m sure my neighbors loved me running tools at 8 am on a Sunday but things gotta get done . Need to do some serious downsizing with gear to get things more compact but it all fits behind the seat . 17916434-A04E-46C1-BCD5-1ED9B0021D9F.jpegE2A12D4D-928C-4D42-A6B0-CCE77B5C4283.jpeg1C9FC9A8-7EF5-4F22-8512-425797980A55.jpeg

Last edited:

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

No name yet and no big plans for build , switching most my camping gear to more backpacking style to keep things light and compact as possible. Stay tuned for adventures . View attachment 199061

#jeep #jku
This hurts, Smiley. This. Really. Hurts.

-Signed, your tan GMC Sierra, Granopy.

Reactions: Smileyshaun

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Needed a quick way to separate some gear this morning so I whipped up this quick shelf , I’m sure my neighbors loved me running tools at 8 am on a Sunday but things gotta get done . Need to do some serious downsizing with gear to get things more compact but it all fits behind the seat . View attachment 199367
My brother in law has been caravaning with me on the Boston to Big Sky ride. He has a brand new Jeep Gladiator. I like it, but this has been his issue as well. For him, everything is packed into the bed under a tonneau. The good part is, he can access stuff via the tailgate or by rolling back the top and reaching over the side. With my leer cap on my Sierra, there's just the gate, so I have to use a long wood clamp as a hook, or I have to climb in.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

On our way to the coast the little one and I took a little side trip to check out a lookout called triangulation point , low clouds completely blocked the veiw but we still had a fun time driving around .
753C6E27-C822-4F33-AD5B-14FE997E63CA.jpeg476E7153-4E5E-4558-BCCD-5E136ACB9AB5.jpeg

Hwy mpgs are not bad 3E7CD605-3818-4650-869F-0E9DCFB6E3A3.jpeg

i gotta remember to always checkout a offshoot trail b4 driving up it because sometimes they just end at a cliff
DA22F1D4-9C0B-4918-9493-369224BAF6F1.jpegB20C96AA-09FA-4706-AC3E-020391DCFE82.jpeg

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Well found out after 2 days of straight rain my tent leaks , on the really bad side it leaked right on the cots and sleeping bags so we ended up taking everything out of the jeep and sleeping in there . Turns out sleeping inside is actually quite comfortable. Have some stuff to figure out for sleeping and storage but still had a great time with the little one . C1AAB343-FBFE-41D8-8883-746A9D382768.jpegB3FB51A1-18B1-47B7-BC0D-31246B9996C7.jpegA7ED4069-1129-4803-AD21-CC273C3700E8.jpegFBEE0C4E-34C4-4592-B5E9-33AD2E4E3638.jpegF8A59B96-7280-47D5-868A-EC527A2889E9.jpegA69A3C11-6EC5-44CF-9DAA-1B1BA938ED8C.jpegA22BE692-43F1-4755-B7E9-B4FD54EA003B.jpeg9A230DC2-8B3F-4FD3-8F40-1881DD577E31.jpeg

Attachments

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Beautiful scenery. That Jeep does look nice. We just finished 5700 miles in my Sierra, and my brother in law drove his new Jeep Gladiator. Looks pretty comfy. Is it?