Launch Member

Advocate III

Pensacola, FL
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Blanchard
Member #

So I finally parted ways with my 2005 Suburban 2500 4x4. Instead of upgrades.....I spent all of my money keeping it on the road. After figuring up about $1300 worth of repairs I decided to put that money towards a newer vehicle.

I ended up with my very first BRAND NEW vehicle.... a 2019 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 Crew-cab. In this world of Toyota I went against the grain with a Nissan. Now I know the aftermarket support is not as great as Toyota, but there is still plenty of options for aftermarket items. But I also get to do some one off items and be kinda different.

So far the only "MODs" I have done is adding tons of Blue Ridge Overland Gear to the interior with more on the way. Well I did paint my Tow hooks red....but that only was for more horse power. LOL......... I am planning on doing a rear differential breather relocation. But honestly, I will be kinda slow at first. I am still under 1,000 miles and have not paid the first payment. Items will come in order of Camper shell, 3" lift, tires, coms, roof racks, and eventually bumpers and the replacement of skid plates.
Frontier 11.jpgFrontier 12.jpgFrontier 3.jpgFrontier 4.jpg

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Nice! My daughters b-friend has a Nissan 4x4 truck. It is pretty nice, but he only uses it to go back-n-forth to work. If I had that truck I would put it to good use!

Reactions: Bradb55

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Good looking truck. Wondering if you looked at the Colorado's. Lots of aftermarket. Anyways, the more you look, you will find some companies that fill the Nissan market. Looking forward to the progress and your adventures.

Bradb55

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Pensacola, FL
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Blanchard
Member #

Good looking truck. Wondering if you looked at the Colorado's. Lots of aftermarket. Anyways, the more you look, you will find some companies that fill the Nissan market. Looking forward to the progress and your adventures.
I did look at the Colorado, Canyon and Ranger. The rebates from Nissan were to good to past up. But Nissan is trying to compete with a 15 year old body style against all new looks. But I am 100% satisfied with my purchase

Bradb55

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Pensacola, FL
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Blanchard
Member #

Nice! My daughters b-friend has a Nissan 4x4 truck. It is pretty nice, but he only uses it to go back-n-forth to work. If I had that truck I would put it to good use!
Tell him to get on it!! Show him how it’s done

dj_mccomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

Nice man, congrats on the new truck! I recently opted for a new truck myself, I went with the ZR2 myself. I'll be following the build.

Bradb55

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Pensacola, FL
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Blanchard
Member #

Nice man, congrats on the new truck! I recently opted for a new truck myself, I went with the ZR2 myself. I'll be following the build.
Thanks man!! I will definitely be following the ZR2 build. Those are tough trucks.

Reactions: dj_mccomas

Bradb55

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Pensacola, FL
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Blanchard
Member #

So wife bought me a soft bed cover until I decide on camper shell or whatever for the bed.

I picked up a set of weathertech mats for the Frontier

IMG_1686.jpgIMG_1687.jpgIMG_1685.jpgIMG_1689.jpgIMG_1690.jpg

Bradb55

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Pensacola, FL
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Blanchard
Member #

Completed my Offroad Gorilla diff breather relocation kit install last night. This is a 30 minute install if you take a 15 nap during the install. Super easy and straight forward. If you are planning on dipping your Frontier in any type of water, this is a must do mod. OffroadGorilla.com

Attachments

Bradb55

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Pensacola, FL
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Blanchard
Member #

So had my welder make a mount for my Ram Mount setup. I’m digging it so far.

Attachments

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

I almost went with a frontier myself. Test drove all the other mid-size vehicles and to me it's the only one that still felt like a truck. Very simple not a lot of extras and doodads, but built on a very proven platform and man is that 4 liter a torquey little monster.

Bradb55

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Pensacola, FL
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Blanchard
Member #

I almost went with a frontier myself. Test drove all the other mid-size vehicles and to me it's the only one that still felt like a truck. Very simple not a lot of extras and doodads, but built on a very proven platform and man is that 4 liter a torquey little monster.
I am liking it so far. Definitely a little beast. Just wish they sat a little higher from factory

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

So had my welder make a mount for my Ram Mount setup. I’m digging it so far.
I love this. Been looking into doing a similar setup for my Frontier. Any chance your guy would be willing to make another one? I really need to buy a welder.

Bradb55

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Pensacola, FL
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Blanchard
Member #

I love this. Been looking into doing a similar setup for my Frontier. Any chance your guy would be willing to make another one? I really need to buy a welder.
He definitely would. I believe he said $90 shipped. What year do you have? If it’s the same as mine (2019) he has everything needed to make it. If it’s a different year he’d need some measurements

36degreesNorth

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Sabens
I had a 2006 for a few years before it got totaled by an impatient driver. They are great trucks with a really solid motor. The other great thing is that a lot of the first gen titan parts bolt in. you have have a stronger front diff and a solid mid travel suspension with OEM parts. Also unlike the Tacomas you dont need to clearance cut the body mounts for larger tires.

Bradb55

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Pensacola, FL
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Blanchard
Member #

I had a 2006 for a few years before it got totaled by an impatient driver. They are great trucks with a really solid motor. The other great thing is that a lot of the first gen titan parts bolt in. you have have a stronger front diff and a solid mid travel suspension with OEM parts. Also unlike the Tacomas you dont need to clearance cut the body mounts for larger tires.
So I have been reading this. The titan swap will be after I pay it off. As for the tires....I could not believe that. People are doing 33s with no lift. Hard to imagine lol

Reactions: 36degreesNorth

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

So I have been reading this. The titan swap will be after I pay it off. As for the tires....I could not believe that. People are doing 33s with no lift. Hard to imagine lol
Same. I found a totaled Titan locally and almost bought the front end for the swap but decided against it. By the time I do it I’d need to replace all the bushings, seals, etc. would much rather enjoy the truck as it is for now and do the big mods later.

I did get in touch with your guy about building me a ram mount though [emoji106][emoji106]