Explorer I

Oakville, St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Rion
Last Name
H
Member #

Hey there,

I just picked up the worlds stockest FZJ80.

I live in South St. Louis City. My "rig" is a 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser with factory lockers. After taking delivery I have replaced the manifold to downpipe gaskets as they were blown out, spark plugs, spark plug gaskets as the plugs were oily, valve cover gasket was super crunchy so that is now fresh. I'm currently fighting an engine light for the o2 sensors. First I was pulling a code for the first o2 sensor, now am pulling a code for the second. With 213k on the clock I am betting the exhaust is original and just replacing the cats as well now.

"Big Plans" include trying some Falken Wildpeak At3's in 285/75/16 and having this thing decently outfitted and all general maintenance items up to date for a Yosemite trip in 2019. Currently I'm awaiting the sale of my Tii RX7 to fund the new toy. It's a super clean truck inside and out, no rips or tears in the leather and I plan to keep it forever.

My offroad experience is mostly on two wheels. As the wife has expressed interest in this but she won't ride pillion for that long causing me to rethink how to get back out in the world.

My Guzzi is my daily rider, I work 5 miles from home in the motorcycle industry and the little scrambler is tons of fun!

Last edited:

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey there,

I live in South St. Louis City. My "rig" is a 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser with factory lockers. After taking delivery I have replaced the manifold to downpipe gaskets as they were blown out, spark plugs, spark plug gaskets as the plugs were oily, valve cover gasket was super crunchy so that is now fresh. I'm currently fighting an engine light for the o2 sensors. First I was pulling a code for the first o2 sensor, now am pulling a code for the second. With 213k on the clock I am betting the exhaust is original and just replacing the cats as well now.

"Big Plans" include trying some Falken Wildpeak At3's in 285/75/16 and having this thing decently outfitted and all general maintenance items up to date for a Yosemite trip in 2019. Currently I'm awaiting the sale of my Tii RX7 to fund the new toy. It's a super clean truck inside and out, no rips or tears in the leather and I plan to keep it forever.

My offroad experience is mostly on two wheels. As the wife has expressed interest in this but she won't ride pillion for that long causing me to rethink how to get back out in the world.

My Guzzi is my daily rider, I work 5 miles from home in the motorcycle industry and the little scrambler is tons of fun!
Hi Rion and welcome to OB! Nice looking FZJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey there,

Hello Rion and welcome to the OB crew..great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your adventures..love the bikes...

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
Hey there,

Welcome to Overland Bound Rion! Great looking rig. Hope to hear about more of your adventures.

probablytheguy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Explorer I

First Name
Rion
Last Name
H
Member #

Been a while,

I am now 3 inches higher, bought a few more goodies, and more importantly a few more adventures under my belt.

285/75/16/ Nitto A/T's
OME J - Springs
OME Long Boys
Slee Front Sway bar Drop
Slee Rear Swaybar Drop
Extended Rear Endlinks from wit's End/Landtank
Bowfin Stealth Rack
ARB Diff Breather
ARB Deluxe Bumper
73312428_10158001204573487_8971060064177618944_o (1).jpg
84283004_10158312919908487_1843478466855436288_o.jpg

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

They worked yesterday?
Yeah... There's some kind of image issue going on right now. I just posted about it in the support section. I made my smarta$$ comment in your thread prior to realizing that there's an issue. (HA! That's me!!) I'll be patient & check 'em out once the issue is fixed.

Reactions: probablytheguy

probablytheguy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Explorer I

First Name
Rion
Last Name
H
Member #

Yeah... There's some kind of image issue going on right now. I just posted about it in the support section. I made my smarta$$ comment in your thread prior to realizing that there's an issue. (HA! That's me!!) I'll be patient & check 'em out once the issue is fixed.
Welcome to my mind if you just described your rig to me.