Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Trent
Last Name
W
Member #

Come spring (in the Sierras) there's tons of areas off in the Bowman lake complex to stop and hike to meadows.

If you branch off the forest roads from N 89 there are tons of meadows out there en route to the various lakes, Independence, Jackson, Meadow etc.

Or head over to Mt. Rose hwy and take the Tahoe Meadows trail.

Tons of locations, so hard to point you in any one direction.

Reactions: grubworm

LONO100

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Bay Area CA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
PXXXXXXX
great advice and locations given on the previous post, I love those areas, but it may be a little early at this point. Give it at least another 3 weeks and when that snow starts to melt.

Two Sheds

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Hayden, Idaho, United States
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Jacobson
Member #

Once the thaw gets going, might be nice if someone more familiar with that trail area put together a Rally Point event for maybe a out/back trip with maybe a Lake Lunch stop for family flower viewing. Mid week- best, weekend- if we must.. p.s. if anyone has posted a good followable(?) route for said wildflowers that is solo worthy please send me a heads up. It’s just more fun with more rigs & safer.

Neuvik

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Trent
Last Name
W
Member #

Once the thaw gets going, might be nice if someone more familiar with that trail area put together a Rally Point event for maybe a out/back trip with maybe a Lake Lunch stop for family flower viewing. Mid week- best, weekend- if we must.. p.s. if anyone has posted a good followable(?) route for said wildflowers that is solo worthy please send me a heads up. It’s just more fun with more rigs & safer.
When the snow starts melting on the trails I'll PM you.

I just went over to Fairy Falls (Beale Falls) and while its green, flowers probably wont pop until mid March. But that's a nice hike, popular but not as impacted as say Hidden Falls in Auburn.