Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Having attended thousands of country , 4x4, agri, shows over the years this show is in dyer need of Venders
It has a reconised. Following and a very good attendance but !! If it does not watch its falling venders it will go the same way as hundreds of other. Maybe the summer show is. The way to go but while people are flooding through the gates keep them happy and keep them

Reactions: Tim and caspoint220

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Having attended thousands of country , 4x4, agri, shows over the years this show is in dyer need of Venders
It has a reconised. Following and a very good attendance but !! If it does not watch its falling venders it will go the same way as hundreds of other. Maybe the summer show is. The way to go but while people are flooding through the gates keep them happy and keep them
From what I’m hearing the organisers want it to be more of Overlanders gathering than a trade show. I’m with you, it needs more trade... they have definitely dropped off over the years. Many of the trade are Overlanders too and actually use their products.

Unfortunately the visitor numbers aren’t that high either from what I can gather. The show is often empty by 2pm on Sunday (this applies to both shows) so traders are wanting to pack up and leave. It takes a lot of effort/cost for some of the trade to attend and it eats into their working work too.

The weather can’t be helped of course.

Personally I just wish it was a little better organised. I got told by the organiser that I was going the wrong way walking from the day car park on to the site. There were no signs to follow and just a vague direction from the marshal to head for the light brown tent apparently heading for the nearest trade stand near said tent was wrong!! I should have headed in the opposite direction towards an empty piece of grass that had previously had motorbikes on it.

Maybe there are some lessons to be learned from some of the French and German shows?

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Agree with you both here.
Tom is very disorganised, takes forever to respond to e-mails and often not answering all the questions. Graham you saw how disorganised it was just doing the marshalling.
Often the main comment I hear about Tom is he just likes to get pissed at anyone else’s expense.
Trade stands are the same every year with a few “Sunday market” stalls thrown in.
However it’s catch twenty two, to get more visitors you need to offer more stands and entertainment. To get more trade stands you need more visitors.
I thoroughly enjoy the shows but that’s because I am meeting up with old friends and followers etc. I certainly was not there to buy anything if I’m honest.
If you were attending for the first time in your own it can be disappointing.
To me a decision needs to be taken as to what kind of event it is to be. Only then can the correct resources get pulled in to make it a success.

Reactions: Tim

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Agree with you both here.
Tom is very disorganised, takes forever to respond to e-mails and often not answering all the questions. Graham you saw how disorganised it was just doing the marshalling.
Often the main comment I hear about Tom is he just likes to get pissed at anyone else’s expense.
Trade stands are the same every year with a few “Sunday market” stalls thrown in.
However it’s catch twenty two, to get more visitors you need to offer more stands and entertainment. To get more trade stands you need more visitors.
I thoroughly enjoy the shows but that’s because I am meeting up with old friends and followers etc. I certainly was not there to buy anything if I’m honest.
If you were attending for the first time in your own it can be disappointing.
To me a decision needs to be taken as to what kind of event it is to be. Only then can the correct resources get pulled in to make it a success.
ARE MARSHALLING WAS THE ONLY ORGNISED ELEMENT OF THE SHOW :tonguewink: