Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
For those attending or thinking of attending the Spring Adventure Overland Show in a couple of weeks here is some additional info

Firstly I hope to arrive Friday early morning and once I have the camp area sorted l will be able to put OB Signs around the track to try and lead you to us. I will also post the location of the Group Camp using What3Words and put up the OB Flag and the OB Banner. If you arrive before me by all means get the Camp Area fixed. Current estimates are now 12 vehicles so we need enough space accordingly with a little over for add ons. If you are arriving earlier than Friday Morning give me a shout and we can coordinate things.

On arrival tell the marshals you are with Overland Bound and Camping in our Group Area. Don't let them fob you off elsewhere. This is important as some members ended up camped away from us last year because the Marshalls were either stressed or didn't understand.

Logistics:

Friday Arrivals
- Friday afternoon / evening can be somewhat chaotic for arrivals with long queues. Being April it wont be hot so at least that's a bonus. If you can arrive earlier then tit shouldn't be so bad. But its the AO with Captain Calamity (Tom) at the helm so anything is possible. If Tom looks harassed give him a beer and he'll be happy.

Communal Fire Pit - Does anyone have a decent sized fire pit they can bring we can use to congregate round? I only have the bushpig.
When attending please bring some wood for the communal fire.

Resupply - I haven't checked but if you forget your Toffee Vodka hopefully the man will be there again this year ;-) There are ships a good 20 minute or so walk from the site if you need to stock up. Best advice is stock up before you arrive.

Info:
Showers
- Not so many of them so if you have your own facilities like Nik it might be an idea to bring them. That or get up early.
Washing and wet wipes work also for a short weekend.

Toilets - The Portaloos can get a bit rank later in the day and first thing in the morning.
Nicer toilets can be found in the man buildings but these are often at a premium with a long queue so if you have your own bring it. There are chemical toilet disposal areas on site.

Rubbish - There are numerous places to dispose of rubbish so lets play our parts and leave no trace.

Weather - We are now back to an April Show so be prepared for a bit of inclement weather. IN my few attendances from the past rain, wind and sunshine have been the order of the day but not always in the order you want them. One year it was Storms, another torrential rain, another one members Ventura Tent decided to disintegrate and we woke up to debris around us. So the moral of the story is be prepared. Tie down your awnings or tents, I think it was VIA that flipped an awning one year. Be prepared for the worst but hope for the best so Wellies and Speedos are the order of the day.

And most of all enjoy, its a great time to meet old friends, make new ones, welcome new new members and get to actually chat to each other and visit the stands. For those new to overlanding the chance to touch, feel and see the equipment could in the long run save you a good bit of time and money and first hand experience of the equipment from those around is invaluable.

For those just coming for the day message ag=head so we can make sure to catch you and introduce ourselves.

See you there

Last edited:

Peejay7

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

UK
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Jennison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Loulouoverland
For those attending or thinking of attending the Spring Adventure Overland Show in a couple of weeks here is some additional info

Firstly I hope to arrive Friday early morning and once I have the camp area sorted l will be able to put OB Signs around the track to try and lead you to us. I will also post the location of the Group Camp using What3Words and put up the OB Flag and the OB Banner. If you arrive before me by all means get the Camp Area fixed. Current estimates are now 12 vehicles so we need enough space accordingly with a little over for add ons. If you are arriving earlier than Friday Morning give me a shout and we can coordinate things.

On arrival tell the marshals you are with Overland Bound and Camping in our Group Area. Don't let them fob you off elsewhere. This is important as some members ended up camped away from us last year because the Marshalls were either stressed or didn't understand.

Logistics:

Friday Arrivals
- Friday afternoon / evening can be somewhat chaotic for arrivals with long queues. Being April it wont be hot so at least that's a bonus. If you can arrive earlier then tit shouldn't be so bad. But its the AO with Captain Calamity (Tom) at the helm so anything is possible. If Tom looks harassed give him a beer and he'll be happy.

Communal Fire Pit - Does anyone have a decent sized fire pit they can bring we can use to congregate round? I only have the bushpig.
When attending please bring some wood for the communal fire.

Resupply - I haven't checked but if you forget your Toffee Vodka hopefully the man will be there again this year ;-) There are ships a good 20 minute or so walk from the site if you need to stock up. Best advice is stock up before you arrive.

Info:
Showers
- Not so many of them so if you have your own facilities like Nik it might be an idea to bring them. That or get up early.
Washing and wet wipes work also for a short weekend.

Toilets - The Portaloos can get a bit rank later in the day and first thing in the morning.
Nicer toilets can be found in the man buildings but these are often at a premium with a long queue so if you have your own bring it. There are chemical toilet disposal areas on site.

Rubbish - There are numerous places to dispose of rubbish so lets play our parts and leave no trace.

Weather - We are now back to an April Show so be prepared for a bit of inclement weather. IN my few attendances from the past rain, wind and sunshine have been the order of the day but not always in the order you want them. One year it was Storms, another torrential rain, another one members Ventura Tent decided to disintegrate and we woke up to debris around us. So the moral of the story is be prepared. Tie down your awnings or tents, I think it was VIA that flipped an awning one year. Be prepared for the worst but hope for the best so Wellies and Speedos are the order of the day.

And most of all enjoy, its a great time to meet old friends, make new ones, welcome new new members and get to actually chat to each other and visit the stands. For those new to overlanding the chance to touch, feel and see the equipment could in the long run save you a good bit of time and money and first hand experience of the equipment from those around is invaluable.

For those just coming for the day message ag=head so we can make sure to catch you and introduce ourselves.

See you there
Still aiming to get there early afternoon on the Friday,
Q1 where will you post up the what 3 word location?
Q2 did anyone volunteer a firepit? I have a steel flat pack one which I could bring if needed.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi Paul, I’ll post up on here and the WhatsApp group and Facebook.
No volunteers with a fire pit yet so if yours flat pack one is better that the bushpig please bring it.
I’ve taken Thursday off to travel so hopefully early Friday I’ll be there

Reactions: Peejay7