Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Memphis
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I'm heading to hot springs AR with the wife in a couple of weeks and i was shocked when she said she was open to actually going for a hike or going scenic driving while up there. Other than just poking around the NF aimlessly I'm hitting you guys up for some suggestions on awesome places to see while there :) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

tchughes

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Central Arkansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Hughes
Member #

@joshjunior if you want a day trip through the forest without off-roading, I suggest Hwy 7 north to Russellville then follow I-40 to White Oak and then Hwy 23 (Pig trail) North. This is a beautiful ride through the NF and has a few places to stop.

Oark cafe is on Cass Oark Rd. (215) off Hwy 23 and a cool spot to eat. Ponca and Jasper are a quick drive east and nestled in the mountains. Ponca has large fields where the Elk graze early morning and late evening. Jasper has the Ozark cafe with great burgers and a Sunday lunch buffet that is awesome. If you follow Hwy 23 north it will take you to Eureka Springs which has mom and pop shops and restaurants.

Hope that helps.

joshjunior

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Memphis
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I don't mind light trails. But my truck isn't super modified. Lift kit should be here today but I'm not sure when I'll have time to get it on

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Go 50 miles south west to murfreesboro to the crater of diamonds state park and dig for diamonds and other precious stones, my wife never says no to treasure hunting when we are near there.

Reactions: joshjunior

joshjunior

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Memphis
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I'll mention it to her for sure. Thanks for the suggestions guys

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

There is placer gold in most rivers there too the fine gold dust but it can be panned. Its not enough to get rich or really be worth it but its fun to see the gold glimmer. If yall do go to crater of diamonds park be sure to bring a shovel and be ready to get dirty.

Last edited:

joshjunior

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Memphis
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I think she's just wanting to get outta the house and see some stuff. The heat is finally breaking here in Memphis thank God!

joshjunior

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Memphis
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Was pretty chilly this morning. Taking my rtt for my first outing with it mounted to the truck

Reactions: tchughes

joshjunior

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Memphis
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Thanks for the tips guys. She had a great time now I'm prepping to go to lbl this weekend if all goes well

Reactions: tchughes