Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Looks like we have a very good Garmin inReach competitor now with competitive service rates. I own the inReach but it's always good to have more choices.

SPOT X provides 2-way satellite messaging so you can stay connected to family, friends and colleagues whenever you’re outside of cellular range, including direct communication with Search & Rescue services in case of a life-threatening emergency. SPOT X even provides you with your own personal mobile U.S. number so others can message you directly from their cell phone or other SMS devices at any time.

GearJunkie has a good review here!

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Looks like we have a very good Garmin inReach competitor now with competitive service rates. I own the inReach but it's always good to have more choices.

SPOT X provides 2-way satellite messaging so you can stay connected to family, friends and colleagues whenever you’re outside of cellular range, including direct communication with Search & Rescue services in case of a life-threatening emergency. SPOT X even provides you with your own personal mobile U.S. number so others can message you directly from their cell phone or other SMS devices at any time.

GearJunkie has a good review here!
Been looking for a good review! Been talking about this on another thread.

Reactions: Jimmy Schantz

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

With the Inreach, the Bluetooth linking to my mobile device was sealed the deal for me.
I like this feature a lot too, especially while driving, as I pair it to a tablet which makes viewing my location on the map at a glance valuable. I'd rather pay the extra premium and stay with my Garmin because of the companion app with maps.