Spot to post Pics of personal Rigs in Profile!!

• HTML tutorial

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

I wish we had a place we could upload personal rig pics in our profile, so if other ob members want to check out our rigs individually, without having to HOPEFULLY find a thread with your rig posted, it would be possible! Not just our avatar, but an extra tab dedicated to picture albums or something! basic forum members could have a single album with a limited amount of pics uploadable, while Full Members could have a couple more albums, supporters more yet, benefactors top notch deal. Could be neat, to check out detailed pics of the OB rig (hypothetically, cuz I've def checked out all the vids on that beast!!), or other trips. Without having to scrounge the forums! Just click a profile, and click pictures tab!

Just an idea. Sorry for my horrible grammar tonight....

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

There is an extra cost Media Gallery available for the Xenforo forum software. I remember @Michael at one point thinking about adding it, but I don't recall any discussion since. It is certainly something to consider, and asking here will bring it to attention.

Meanwhile, you can create your thread with photos and link that thread in your sig like my build thread. That works until a gallery comes along.

Thanks for asking,
Steve

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi Guys,

That media plugin is kind of like strapping an 80 lbs. backpack onto your shoulders, but you cant just take it off. There are certain irreversible changes it imparts. That's why I have not added it. I'll look to see if there is a more lightweight option.

M

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Hi Guys,

That media plugin is kind of like strapping an 80 lbs. backpack onto your shoulders, but you cant just take it off. There are certain irreversible changes it imparts. That's why I have not added it. I'll look to see if there is a more lightweight option.

M
Hey all we can do is suggest and ask! haha! Appreciate the feedback tho @Michael and @Steve! I completely understand the metaphor tho M, the bandwidth usage could be HUGE for such a large group of us. But, I think it could be worth it! After all, Overlandbound for me is the new Facebook! ;) Planning on doing a supporter subscription soon to0, to help with all those costs ^^^, if its any consolidation! :D Hope all is well in your camps gentleman!