Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Last week we went on a spontaneous trip to the neighbouring country Netherlands. It was great to be on the road again after all this time. Really great!!!

We are taking advantage of the opportunities offered by the recent easements regarding C19 and of course the whole trip is within the current regulations.

The Friday before last was the day. Wonderful, the engine hums along comfortably and off we go! The first destination is just over the border. Crazy, a border in the middle of Europe. We are no longer used to that here and I only know border crossings from my long-distance travels. And sometimes then it takes a long time until all the formalities are completed. Well. I'm glad that we no longer have border controls in large parts of Europe and instead have great freedom. I hope that this togetherness will also pick up speed again after the current restrictions. Nevertheless, it is interesting to see that the street scene changes completely after crossing the border. That's what makes travel so exciting, even if it's just a short trip to the neighbourhood.

Shortly after the border we arrive at @Robert OB 33/48 home and are warmly welcomed. Great! We spend a nice evening with delicious food, camp fire and good conversations. Next day we have a look at the new surroundings and yes, the day after we make a great trip with a few other OB Mid Europe members. We move over small tracks and meet again and again the interesting history in connection with WW2, which is omnipresent here. This was a great day. Thanks to Robert for organizing this and thanks to everyone who contributed to this superb day! Was great to meet you guys, @Claus_za , @GeoCampers #4771 !

The next days we visit many other interesting places, explore some more tracks, camp, hike, just be outside. Overlanding and outdoor life at its best. After one week a great time comes to an end! Thanks a lot for that! Now I let speak some pictures...