Investor

Traveler III

Lexington, Henderson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

I get at least 2 people a week asking me to sponsor them... here is my take on this....

Most people just want free stuff... it is very rare for me to come across someone that is genuine and is a good story teller...
Most sponsors will not pay any attention to you until you have around 5-10k followers... How do you get more followers? if your not a hot chick its going to be hard lol.... You need to pick your "nitch" and then do research for your competition. Use the correct hashtags for your nitch.

It is ALOT of work. just staying active on social media is going to take up a lot of your time... I'm at just over 6k followers and don't really post that often anymore because I just don't have the time to do it. My main focus now is just running and expanding my business and spending more time with my kids and my wife.

If your not a Hot chick your going to have to get good at taken great images, be a good story teller and have a great looking rig.

hope this helps

-Raul
I'm all about free stuff, I mean who isn't, LOL. I'm trying to get to plus 5k followers, just can't figure out how. However I'm NOT a hot chick, far from it, I'm willing to put the work in just need a little guidance, I'm not very IT savy, and have never did anything like this before. I want to start a YouTube but I don't know anything about editing, making videos, and plus I've got a face for radio, LOL.

Overland Bound Member #6080
Follow us on Facebook, and Instagram

Brandon Harvey

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Oregon
Member #

Wordpress is a great start. I can give you some help with a blog if you are serious about taking on the challenge that you are presenting. Being a Vet (USN 90 - 98/USNR 99 - 2005) myself and an aspiring writer of peoples stories, I am more than willing to even do some shadow writing for you.

Reactions: Matt_Whitman

Matt_Whitman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Claremont Nh
Member #

Wordpress is a great start. I can give you some help with a blog if you are serious about taking on the challenge that you are presenting. Being a Vet (USN 90 - 98/USNR 99 - 2005) myself and an aspiring writer of peoples stories, I am more than willing to even do some shadow writing for you.
That is very generous to offer. Thanks for serving also.

Reactions: Brandon Harvey

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

I think the key to gaining a social media presence is a fine balance between quality and consistency... noone wants to see a bunch of shitty pictures on their instagram page but on the other hand having one kick ass photo twice a year isnt a great solution either.
Go out on trips and take a LOAD of photos to make the photos last.

I dont follow or read any blogs so I cant comment on that.

Instagram, Youtube and forums such as this are the most common social media channels that I follow.

Reactions: Matt_Whitman