Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I went to speedmasters site a couple weeks ago to order a second set of recovery boards. Speedmaster has a lot of budget friendly items now. They have straps on sale right now for 25% off, as well as snatch blocks and d rings. The hi lift stuff is in the tools section. I paid $13.58 for the base and received it a couple days ago.
Honestly, how can you go wrong for 13 bucks? It's about a foot square, and over $40 cheaper than the hi lift version. But, like all of speedmasters stuff, it's only available in black.20170419_202239.jpg20170419_202259.jpg

theick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Las Vegas
Member #

I think a lot of their things is probably fine. For items that can become a projectile I'm sticking with other products.

Does this base fit a standard hi-lift?

RedRyder

Rank VI

Influencer I

Rathdrum, ID
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Bendel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6MFB
Service Branch
CA State Guard
Nice! Always on the lookout for good deals. Is speedmaster79.com the site you found this on?

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Nice! Always on the lookout for good deals. Is speedmaster79.com the site you found this on?
Yes it is.
I think a lot of their things is probably fine. For items that can become a projectile I'm sticking with other products.

Does this base fit a standard hi-lift?
Yes it does fit the hi-lift base. And I agree completely. I thought about ordering a strap to try it out, but I couldn't bring myself to. I don't know about the snatch blocks either. I know price doesn't equal quality, but I will spend more on known brands myself.

Reactions: RedRyder

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

A couple minutes with a jigsaw and you can have one of the sides with serrations like the current Hi-Lift ORB. Drill a hole near a corner and you can tie a rope to pull it out of the muck. Nice score for $13.

Reactions: Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
A couple minutes with a jigsaw and you can have one of the sides with serrations like the current Hi-Lift ORB. Drill a hole near a corner and you can tie a rope to pull it out of the muck. Nice score for $13.
My tired brain can't for the life of me figure out what the serrated edge is for. I am drilling a hole in it though. Thanks for the ideas!

The other Sean

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Minneapolis
Member #

Don't forget to factor in shipping. Looks like $15 shipping, but, still, even adding in shipping costs, it's almost a $20 savings as opposed to what the Hi-lift version sells in stores.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Don't forget to factor in shipping. Looks like $15 shipping, but, still, even adding in shipping costs, it's almost a $20 savings as opposed to what the Hi-lift version sells in stores.
Speedmaster doesn't charge shipping if you're willing to have it shipped ground. I've ordered from them twice and have not paid shipping either time.

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

I got one of these only because it was black (and cheap) and not bright red like my Hi-Lift base so I feel better storing it on the roof less conspicuously. lol

Quality seems pretty good for what it needs to do.