Ivins, Utah, United States
First Name
joseph
Last Name
johnson
Member #

Service Branch
US ARMY
I want to get a tire cover to block out my nasty spare but would like an overland bound one, maybe with my member number on it. Most of the available ones say jeep...may be a mo ey maker 20191004_082459.jpeg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I want to get a tire cover to block out my nasty spare but would like an overland bound one, maybe with my member number on it. Most of the available ones say jeep...may be a mo ey maker View attachment 120581
Anything is better than nothing. I think OB should make one for it's members also.

Attachments

Reactions: RoarinRow

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I got a plain black one from Amazon, but one that said 'Overland Bound Member XYZ' would be cool.
The idea is great, however a caveat. Because overhead would be too large to stock 'generic' sizes,..30",32",33",35",37", 40", it would have to be a specific members w/OB#, that could be custom made at time of order (size), with the knowledge that lead-time (think safari racks:fearscream:-you get the point) would be longer. This would make it more affordable on the front side (less upfront $$), but create 'paperwork' to track each members request. I'm not sure Michael and Corrie have that type of time. Finally they looked into this once before I believe, and quality issues were a concern. They would have to find a supplier willing to do this on a 'custom order' basis.

P.S. The 'banner' in the store has been used as a overlay over a generic black tire cover by some members. If you look around there are some pictures available showing this.1570212909407.pngThinking about this, you could get 2 'bungee' cords of a proper length and go grommet to grommet in a diagonal pattern. It would keep it snugged and tight.....just a thought.

Last edited:

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
The idea is great, however a caveat. Because overhead would be too large to stock 'generic' sizes,..30",32",33",35",37", 40", it would have to be a specific members w/OB#, that could be custom made at time of order (size), with the knowledge that lead-time (think safari racks:fearscream:-you get the point) would be longer. This would make it more affordable on the front side (less upfront $$), but create 'paperwork' to track each members request. I'm not sure Michael and Corrie have that type of time. Finally they looked into this once before I believe, and quality issues were a concern. They would have to find a supplier willing to do this on a 'custom order' basis.

P.S. The 'banner' in the store has been used as a overlay over a generic black tire cover by some members. If you look around there are some pictures available showing this.View attachment 120598
Understood on the overhead piece. Gotta pay to play. For reference my plain black one, but with 'premium fabric' is about $43 for an XXL size.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

P.S. The 'banner' in the store has been used as a overlay over a generic black tire cover by some members. If you look around there are some pictures available showing this.View attachment 120598Thinking about this, you could get 2 'bungee' cords of a proper length and go grommet to grommet in a diagonal pattern. It would keep it snugged and tight.....just a thought.
All good points except for one thing. There are 20,000 members now and that's a good market for some ambitious soul to tackle. I don't think the member number is necessary and some one could spray pain a stenciled number on it themselves, that is important for some.

Ldstruckn

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Ivins, Utah, United States
First Name
joseph
Last Name
johnson
Member #

Service Branch
US ARMY
i just logged in to buy the vinyl banner and superglue it to a generic amazon tire cover; however, the banners are sold out so now I am back to square one. I guess its back to amazon to look some more.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
In the meantime, you could go with something State specific....View attachment 123435
Holy cow, what size tire do you have on your rig. I'd have to cut half my fender off to put that on my rig ! They look a lot larger when mounted on the rear carrier than when mounted on your rig.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
i just logged in to buy the vinyl banner and superglue it to a generic amazon tire cover; however, the banners are sold out so now I am back to square one. I guess its back to amazon to look some more.
Yup I was browsing the 'store' yesterday and noticed they were sold out as well.

Rocky Mountain High

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate III

Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Rogers
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC6YWC
Holy cow, what size tire do you have on your rig. I'd have to cut half my fender off to put that on my rig ! They look a lot larger when mounted on the rear carrier than when mounted on your rig.
LOL, that is not my rig...I just looked for a Colorado spare tire cover photo as an example.