Spare carrier

• HTML tutorial

Corey B

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Southeast Wisconsin
Member #

Just got my AllPro rear bumper. Sending it and the sliders in for paint soon. Anyway, as this is my primary truck, I use it for far more than just overland; I haul lumber, dirtbikes, etc. I really want a swing away spare mount for adventure-time, but something I can detach for day-to-day use.
I worry about the stability of a receiver mount tho. Looking for something i can mount to my bumper. Willing to weld a swivel to it, i want the option of removing the rack in a few minutes.
Any input would be appreciated.
(Pics of my rig, and new bumper)
IMG_0740.JPGIMG_0739.JPG

Reactions: Jimmy P

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Nice truck and you will like AllPro's bumper.
When I build my bumpers, If I'm going to put a swing-out on it, I reinforce the area the spindle sits on. Looking at your bumper, it would take a bit of work to do it correctly. If you follow someone who has a swing-out spare, down a dirt road, you will see the tire wobbling front to back. This movement fatigues the mount. If its not built properly, next thing you know, its laying in the dirt. The hitch mounts kinda scare me but if you tied the top of the tire to the truck, you would probably be ok.
Good luck with your project and post some pictures when its done.

Scott

Corey B

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Southeast Wisconsin
Member #

Nice truck and you will like AllPro's bumper.
When I build my bumpers, If I'm going to put a swing-out on it, I reinforce the area the spindle sits on. Looking at your bumper, it would take a bit of work to do it correctly. If you follow someone who has a swing-out spare, down a dirt road, you will see the tire wobbling front to back. This movement fatigues the mount. If its not built properly, next thing you know, its laying in the dirt. The hitch mounts kinda scare me but if you tied the top of the tire to the truck, you would probably be ok.
Good luck with your project and post some pictures when its done.

Scott
Yeah, i wish i had the skill and means (but mostly skill) to build my own. Or even the money to buy a rear with everything i want. The Allpro was a third of the cost...it’ll work for now.

Reactions: Graeman

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
If my wife only knew how much my tools actually cost.
Is that a new tool?
Why yes it is, its called a plasma cutter.
It looks expensive. How much was it.
It wasn't much, the new ones are coming out and they put these on sale.
Ok. As long as it was on sale.

Scott