Enthusiast II

Layton, Utah
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Clark
Member #

Hello all,
Our family will be traveling from Slc to Redwood NP and up the cost to newport and over to creator lake and then home. We will be gone for 14+ days. Not sure if we are taking our toyhauler, or tenting. Our tow vehicle is a Excursion, 4"lift, 35" tire, roof top tent with all the goods, our toyhauler is 25'. First question, leave the trailer or take it? Second forest service camping/campgrounds/ or koa? Third things to see and not miss, aswell places to miss? Last our family wants to camp on the beach( as in feet from the water) can this be done and if so where? I'm open to all advice. Thank you.

CJ Adventure Oregon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Coos Bay, Oregon
Member #

Hello all,
Our family will be traveling from Slc to Redwood NP and up the cost to newport and over to creator lake and then home. We will be gone for 14+ days. Not sure if we are taking our toyhauler, or tenting. Our tow vehicle is a Excursion, 4"lift, 35" tire, roof top tent with all the goods, our toyhauler is 25'. First question, leave the trailer or take it? Second forest service camping/campgrounds/ or koa? Third things to see and not miss, aswell places to miss? Last our family wants to camp on the beach( as in feet from the water) can this be done and if so where? I'm open to all advice. Thank you.
Have you went on your trip yet? If not, might be able to help with the Oregon beach camping, depending on your vehicle, the weather and if you are tenting. Where we go just limits to 14 days of camping. This is one of our favorite spots. Photo was taken last night....though it was just an evening trip.

IMG_4369.JPG

EXCURSIONdad3232

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Layton, Utah
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Clark
Member #

Have you went on your trip yet? If not, might be able to help with the Oregon beach camping, depending on your vehicle, the weather and if you are tenting. Where we go just limits to 14 days of camping. This is one of our favorite spots. Photo was taken last night....though it was just an evening trip.

View attachment 90108
We are heading out in July of 2019. Our vehicle is a Ford Excursion with a 4inch lift, 35" tires all the recovery gear you can think of and yes 4wheel drive. We have a roof top tent and would love to camp on the beach. We are heading from the redwoods north to Newport,then to creator lake. Any info would be great.

mr.eastline

Rank 0

Traveler I

View attachment 90108
where was this and details on the trail head to get to this spot? i been looking for beach camping spots.