Cancelled Southern Idaho / Treasure Valley - Monthly Gears-N-Beers meetup in the park...

• HTML tutorial

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
This is a family friendly monthly Meet-n-greet for everyone near Boise, ID that would like to join a rig-to-rig Meetup/Potluck. Pack your food, kitchens, chairs, and canopies as we'll have at least some good cooking and great socializing (with proper social distancing). We will also try to have at least one informative training session around the Overlanding Experience...

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
If the covid thing has settled down a bit, I'll plan on attending this one. Have to play it by ear though.
Yea, hopefully by May 16th things will, at least will be on the path to normalcy.

If lock-down's are still imposed come May 16th. I'm going to move it to a Sonic Drive-In. It would be cool to have say 20+ rigs drive up and fill half the spots, order food/drinks, and talk via CB's, Hams or GMRS (keeping social distancing). It could be a fun spectacle... I might even invite a local 4-Wheel Drive club to come as guests so we could really pack the place. It could be a good way to spread the word about OB...

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Social
Yea, hopefully by May 16th things will, at least will be on the path to normalcy.

If lock-down's are still imposed come May 16th. I'm going to move it to a Sonic Drive-In. It would be cool to have say 20+ rigs drive up and fill half the spots, order food/drinks, and talk via CB's, Hams or GMRS (keeping social distancing). It could be a fun spectacle... I might even invite a local 4-Wheel Drive club to come as guests so we could really pack the place. It could be a good way to spread the word about OB...
Social distancing and meeting up with radios. I like it!

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
How are you guys today after the Quake?
I don't there there was any real damage, just really shocked everyone. When it hit my home, if felt like a tidal wave. It was like the home was being smacked and pushed around. And then it hit again 3 more times before it was finished...

Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I don't there there was any real damage, just really shocked everyone. When it hit my home, if felt like a tidal wave. It was like the home was being smacked and pushed around. And then it hit again 3 more times before it was finished...
Nothing like an earthquake to remind us of our place in the grand scheme... Was in a large blacktop parking lot once for an earthquake, the entire blacktop surface looked like the waves on the ocean. Really weird.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Glad you guys are safe, and no one got hurt badly. I learned late last night that Salt Lake got hit with a quake late last week with a quake a little stronger than the Idaho Quake.
Stay safe, stay well,

Reactions: Ubiety

Cwitz0311

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Janowitz
Brand new to this forum and am looking forward to this date and getting involved! Thank you all for being active in the Boise area community. I have been looking for this type of forum and opportunity to join other like minded people in making some trips happen. I am excited for everything to come!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Brand new to this forum and am looking forward to this date and getting involved! Thank you all for being active in the Boise area community. I have been looking for this type of forum and opportunity to join other like minded people in making some trips happen. I am excited for everything to come!
Welcome Cory,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @David H is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call
This Sunday we are Overland KISSing... intrigued? Find out more by calling in.
Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

Cwitz0311

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Janowitz
Welcome Cory,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @David H is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call
This Sunday we are Overland KISSing... intrigued? Find out more by calling in.
Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

Thank you for the information I will look into the conference call.

Reactions: reaver and M Rose

MarshallC

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Nampa, ID, USA
First Name
Marshall
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

I was hoping to catch yesterday's meet up. My temp job is running me ragged, and I fell asleep after work and missed it. Guess I'll shoot for June..

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I was hoping to catch yesterday's meet up. My temp job is running me ragged, and I fell asleep after work and missed it. Guess I'll shoot for June..
We have postponed them until this covid situation gets resolved, so you didn't miss much of anything.

Reactions: MarshallC

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Instead of the meet-ups, we are doing a weekly conference call.

Here is the line with all the info...