haaken675

Rank II

Enthusiast III

fl
First Name
Large
Last Name
J
Hey everyone. Looking for a good option for a trip this summer/late summer. We did the Georgia traverse last summer and had a great time. We went mid august and despite the hurricane that rolled through while we were on the trail, it was still pretty warm at night. I am considering running some of the portions we were not able to do last year, but im also looking for options in Tennessee or possibly Arkansas that might be a bit cooler during the summer. Would love suggestions from anyone that lives in the southeast. Would be hoping to make a trip sometime between July and mid august. I've bee working out of my home office for over a year and a half now and am about to go stir crazy...

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

BlueLineOverland

Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

Hey everyone. Looking for a good option for a trip this summer/late summer. We did the Georgia traverse last summer and had a great time. We went mid august and despite the hurricane that rolled through while we were on the trail, it was still pretty warm at night. I am considering running some of the portions we were not able to do last year, but im also looking for options in Tennessee or possibly Arkansas that might be a bit cooler during the summer. Would love suggestions from anyone that lives in the southeast. Would be hoping to make a trip sometime between July and mid august. I've bee working out of my home office for over a year and a half now and am about to go stir crazy...
Ozark overland Adventure trail here in Arkansas is pretty incredible. You should come check it out sometime.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
yep! definitely second what @BlueLineOverland said. im in the extremely HOT swamps of south louisiana, and while arkansas is still hot in the summer, its way better than here. the wife and i go to arkansas a lot and really like the northern part, especially on the buffalo river and around the jasper area. if you like kayaking and canoeing, the buffalo river is great and there is also some good hikes and sights to see all over. we camped on the mulberry river over by cass, and there was a campground that was $14 a night and was primative camping, BUT it did have a heated bath house and flushable toilets. arkansas has great state parks that are very well maintained and fairly cheap to stay at. you can probably go anywhere in the northern part and not be disappointed...

Reactions: haaken675

haaken675

Rank II

Enthusiast III

fl
First Name
Large
Last Name
J
Definitely want to check out Arkansas. The big debate now is how/when can I manage it. Just coming off of a long weekend taking the wife and both girls (under 2) from FL to NC to see family and it was a rough driving day. Might be rethinking my timeframe now...