Southeast Fall Event

• HTML tutorial

hlpressley

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Indian Trail, NC
Member #

Is there anything going on in the Southeast this Fall? I’m in NC, just outside of Charlotte and am currently gathering gear and information as well as building my rig to do some exploring this Fall. I have looked at the Georgia Traverse as well as some of the things around East Tennessee and Western NC. I wanted to start a thread to see if anyone else had a similar idea and may want to begin to plan a trip? I am very new to the Overlanding concept so having a group of friends/rigs seems like it would make the trip more pleasurable and also allow us an opportunity to learn. Thoughts?

dougie117

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Charlotte, NC
Member #

I don't know of anything other than the Jeep Jamboree at Uwharrie in October. There should be an Overland Bound Expo East in the Fall too. They just had their West Expo about a week ago. The East Expo will be in Asheville.

I live in Charlotte and am starting to accumulate trip ideas and gear as well. Big into backpacking so I have all that - focusing on vehicle gear mostly.

NC - Uwharrie, Hurricane Creek, Richlands, Freeman Park (beach camping)
SC - Gulches
GA - Georgia Traverse
TN - Coppinger Cove, Nemo Tunnel Trails, (Tellico Plains but I think it's been closed for years now)

Some of those I've done, other I haven't but I too would like to go out and meet some people. I did so at Hurricane a few weeks ago.

Reactions: JTW5 and hlpressley

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

I live in Alabama but i too am building my truck and slowly acquiring gear for the fall. Too hot right now. Lol! I’m planning to do the Georgia traverse in the fall and would love to explore Tennessee and the Carolinas as well. I’m also planning on attending the overland expo east in November. I have a couple friends that talk like they are interested in overlanding but they haven’t committed to anything yet. Let me know if you’re interested in getting together sometime this fall. I might have my wife(she hasn’t commuted yet either lol) or one of my kids with me.

Reactions: fbledsoe

justjames

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Member #

I'm in cenrtal NC just west of Chapel Hill and am also "getting ready" to hit the road. My wife and I did the Smoky Mtn Overland Rally, Hurricane Creek and the moderate stuff in Uwharrie. We plan to go to Overland Expo East looking for education and a deal or two on a few items. Our goal is Alaska in 2019 so we need all the help and experience we can find.

I'd be in for a trip or two if things come together. I have a buddy with a Jeep who enjoys trail riding but his idea of roughing it is a Holiday Inn Express. I prefer to camp if possible. My wife is OK with camping but not so excited about any rough trails. Hurricane Creek and some of the Uwharrie trails were more than she wanted. FS roads she is OK with.

I'm retired so I prefer week day trips to avoid the crowds but I also realize that's not doable for most.

36degreesNorth

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Sabens
I'm in Florence SC and just getting into overlanding as well. I'd love to do a fall trip somewhere. I am also working om putting some resources together for the Carolina Sandhills area. It could be a cool point between Uwharrie and points west.

JTW5

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Birmingham, Alabama
First Name
James
Last Name
Watkins
Member #

I would be interested in a fall ride. I am sorta new to the overland scene, but have been off-roading since i was 16. I am planning to make the trip up to Asheville for Expo East. I have the entire Georgia Traverse mapped on my GPS just have not found the time to make the trip happen.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

fbledsoe

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Pikeville, TN, USA
First Name
Frederick
Last Name
Bledsoe
Member #

I live in Alabama but i too am building my truck and slowly acquiring gear for the fall. Too hot right now. Lol! I’m planning to do the Georgia traverse in the fall and would love to explore Tennessee and the Carolinas as well. I’m also planning on attending the overland expo east in November. I have a couple friends that talk like they are interested in overlanding but they haven’t committed to anything yet. Let me know if you’re interested in getting together sometime this fall. I might have my wife(she hasn’t commuted yet either lol) or one of my kids with me.
Me (Freddy Bledsoe) & my Son(McCamper) are heading to Expo East friday morning . We will probably leave Soddy-Daisy,Tn 7-8am estern. Call me if you are interested in convoying with us. 423-508-4154