Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
They told me the muffler they installed originally was "not heavy duty enough". They did give me full credit for the original muffler, and charged me no labor. It ended up being an additional $48. Which I would've happily paid the first time.

Note to Self: Don't ask for the quietest muffler, ask for the heaviest duty muffler.

Last edited:
Reactions: WJ - Firefly

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

They told me the muffler they installed originally was "not heavy duty enough". They did give me full credit for the original muffler, and charged me no labor. It ended up being an additional $40. Which I would've happily paid the first time.

Note to Self: Don't ask for the quietest muffler, ask for the heaviest duty muffler.
Nice

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
I have to say, it bothered me a little bit that Mark (the owner) told me "You can't put a non-welded muffler on a vehicle that does a lot of flexing", when he's the one that sold it to me in the first place. If he couldn't tell from the lift, tires, bumpers, winch, dents, and pinstriping, that I go off roading, he could have asked. I think I'll try the Orangevale location next time.

Reactions: O.Dfj

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

I have to say, it bothered me a little bit that Mark (the owner) told me "You can't put a non-welded muffler on a vehicle that does a lot of flexing", when he's the one that sold it to me in the first place. If he couldn't tell from the lift, tires, bumpers, winch, dents, and pinstriping, that I go off roading, he could have asked. I think I'll try the Orangevale location next time.
The orangevale location is awesome. They deal with the off road crowd a lot since everyone in OV seems to have rock crawler.

Reactions: Kelly