Sometimes a hobby can just be relaxing on the beach.

• HTML tutorial

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Earlier today, I went with a fellow enthusiast who I met at last week's monthly New Jersey OB meetup. (US East - OB Veterans Monthly Meetup) We went out to Long Beach Island and picked up our "beach buggy" passes to legally drive on the various beautiful LBI beaches. A couple municipalities have their own pass, but this one specifically covers most of the island and the National Wildlife Reserve at the Southern tip. (Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge)

The beaches here are only open to drive in the off-season, which is great because they also turn off all the stoplights that would usually make this trip take over a half hour to complete with all the traffic and pedestrians everywhere. So we met at the township office for our passes and trotted on down to the refuge where we would spend a little of the day. Things like this are nice to enjoy every once in a while, no packing, no getting dirty, hopefully not breaking anything, just a perfect day with friends out in nature. We played with our kids and dogs and picked some shells to bring home. Afterwards we drove inland to Lucille's Country Kitchen, a common meeting spot for offroaders and a stop on Anthony Bourdain's famous Food Trail. I hope anyone in the area takes a chance to visit this awesome beach!

Long Beach Township pass info:
FAQs - Long Beach Township Police Department (lbtpd.org)

New Jersey Beach access:
New Jersey Beach Buggy Association (njbba.org)

20240204_092712.jpg
20240204_094039.jpg
20240204_094527.jpg
20240204_094418.jpg
20240204_095746.jpg
20240204_095054.jpg

whododat

Rank II

Enthusiast III

TN
First Name
Jorge
Last Name
Jim
Looks like fun. We used to get the pass when we lived up there. We did enjoy and still do enjoy riding on the beach.
Now, we go to Corolla as that is a blast especially with the wild horses around.

Reactions: Ethan N