Resolved Something fishy going on with my account...

• HTML tutorial

FMain89

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Keller, Texas
Member #

So I know you guys are still recovering from the latest hacks and hopefully this is just leftovers.
1. When I created my account a lot of errors kept popping up and logging me out. So some information is wrong on my account.

2. I was looking through Tapatalk on the form and looked in my inbox. Saw this.

Welcome message to a ericg07. Cool, but not me. Weird. Now even weirder.

A reply under my user name but a sig with -Eric.

Please take a look and let me know if I need to do anything or if I'm just crazy.

Thanks for all y'all do for the Overland community and hosting this site.

-Freddie

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
So I know you guys are still recovering from the latest hacks and hopefully this is just leftovers.
1. When I created my account a lot of errors kept popping up and logging me out. So some information is wrong on my account.

2. I was looking through Tapatalk on the form and looked in my inbox. Saw this.

Welcome message to a ericg07. Cool, but not me. Weird. Now even weirder.

A reply under my user name but a sig with -Eric.

Please take a look and let me know if I need to do anything or if I'm just crazy.

Thanks for all y'all do for the Overland community and hosting this site.

-Freddie
Hi Freddie, i know what caused this, and it's OK. Creating new user accounts I accidentally mis-aligned the name and email field and it cause the emails sent to reply with the wrong user name. It's completely harmless - though some incorrect information was likely in your account. Do you need me to change anything? Let me know and I can make changes for you.

M

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I am going to resolve this for now just due to the heightened concern over security and I know exactly how this happened, but please let me know if I need to update any info in your account.

FMain89

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Keller, Texas
Member #

Yeah, looks like I can change all my info except DOB. If you could fix that for me that would be great. Thanks!
DOB: 10/29/1989

Thanks for the help
-Freddie