Someone stole my rims and tent...

• HTML tutorial

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
Wow, really sorry to hear that.

At least you got some free milk crates out of it (joking). Years ago I lived in SF and a roomate had the wheels stolen off his car. The vehicle was left on milk crates, which I still have.

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

We feel for you dude. Had our old truck stripped about 2.5 yrs ago, rtt and all. Truck was found the next day a mile from home. We were just speculating last night if that never happenned we probly wouldnt have got the tacoma, and what crazy upgrades we couldve afforded on the hilux.

KMDADV

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Trivoli, IL, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Deppermann
Member #

I’ve got a hardshell rtt I’m not using. Would love to sell it to someone who could use it but I’m in central Illinois. Not sure if there’s an economical way to get it out to you.

William C aka “The Claw”

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Fork, Idaho, United States
First Name
William
Last Name
Clawson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6MKX
Service Branch
Volunteer Fire
Sorry for your loss. Really sucks when you put your time, ingenuity and effort into your rig to make overlanding more fun and easier and someone else steels you’re hardwork an investment. Build it better and get back out there.

24ktacoma

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Paso Robles, CA, USA
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Tompkins
Member #

That is horrible... there are some pretty low people in the world. Glad to see you have a good attitude. We will keep our eyes peeled in CA for you! Hope they are found or those people get their bad karma!

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Bummer about your loss. You’ve handled it much the same i that I hope I would. Crime where I live is almost non existent. 10 years ago a couple of kids stole a garden tractor and parked it on the railroad tracks just to watch it get demolished and posted it up on YouTube. They were caught almost immediately. Even so, my wife understands that our 96’ LX 450 lives in the garage. Her car, a RAV 4 lives outside. I’m not paranoid, but I do know my vehicle is target for theft. Because of that, I don’t think I’ve ever parked it anywhere near any cities. Good luck with your insurance company. Homeowners should cover the tent as they would contents of a vehicle.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506

Dave K

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Tracy California, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
K
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6PXJ
“Who ya gonna call?” LOL
Evidently you are not fluent in sarcasm. Let me help you:

sar·casm (ˈsärˌkazəm)
noun
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

It's like a second language to me. Hopefully this help a bit. If not I am not sure what to tell ya.

This post is sliding a bit sideways. To get us back on track.... @AL.WVSN I have an ARB Simpson III up in Hayward I'll cut you a super smokin' deal on if it helps get you back on track. Just hit me up.

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Sorry it happened.
I know how violated and angry it all feels to be hit that hard by a thief.
Had my Silverado stolen a number of years ago overnight on Dec 31 while out of state. Just paid it off 3 months prior.
If I would have caught them in the act they or I would have ended up dead. I know the emotions well.
I figured out how they did it and when I was targeted, and so on. I had to fight myself- moving on vs firebombing them. Chose to let Karma take care of it.
In the end it is just "things". Congrats on getting back out there and replacing the bad thoughts with pleasant ones. Nature, family, and friends heal the soul.

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it left" -Seasick Steve

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
If you can do us a favor - just delete this thread.

It feels like facebook coming in here sometimes.
Al, I'd like to appologize for being part of the reason your thread went off track. I'm frustrated by the way politics seems to get injected in so many threads on OB, and I posted a snarky reply which didn't help.

AL.WVSN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Al
Last Name
Mofo
Member #

Any insurance expert here?

Here's what I asked on another forum

My D2 got broken into so I reported what was missing, tires, tent, rims etc, this is closed to 7K.

I even paid premium insurance and made sure they knew about the add on items

Now they calculated it and it's over what the value of the truck and I only have two option...

1. Salvage and I gotta buy the truck back... Which I have to buy it cause I got tons of parts... And there's no damage except for stolen items.

2. Don't take the money and my truck stays un-salvage...

F me. I'm so pissed. I kept arguing that I added all those items so I can be covered now I'm only getting 25% after buying the truck back and now it'll be salvaged!

• Sad
Reactions: Wallygator

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Any insurance expert here?

Here's what I asked on another forum

My D2 got broken into so I reported what was missing, tires, tent, rims etc, this is closed to 7K.

I even paid premium insurance and made sure they knew about the add on items

Now they calculated it and it's over what the value of the truck and I only have two option...

1. Salvage and I gotta buy the truck back... Which I have to buy it cause I got tons of parts... And there's no damage except for stolen items.

2. Don't take the money and my truck stays un-salvage...

F me. I'm so pissed. I kept arguing that I added all those items so I can be covered now I'm only getting 25% after buying the truck back and now it'll be salvaged!
Some insurance companies, not all, will do anything they can to avoid paying on a claim. I would find a “ public insurance adjuster”. They specialize in going to war against insurance companies. A fee? Yes, generally 10% or so, at the very least though, free advice. Who are your insurance companies? I ask because in general, home owners insurance covers contents in the vehicle and auto insurance would cover the wheels. If you don’t have homeowners insurance I think you are screwed. This sounds like something Allstate, Nationwide or Liberty would pull.

Last edited: