Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky, United States
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Doyle
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Not sure about how I feel about the jack mounts I’ve recently purchased. It’s a must that it stays outside the vehicle because of dirt and storage room. Does anyone have a spare tire mount for a hi-lift that they recommend? Thanks in advance. The mounts that I have are hi-lift brand tubular mounts.

Attachments

Last edited:

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
You mean mounts for a high lift jack or similar? I have my high lift jack with two brackets attached to the hinges of the hood. The space is not used anyway, so the weight of the jack does not hang all the way at the rear of the vehicle (better for weight distribution) and it also does not get as dirty (bad for the mechanics) as at the rear. These holders are available specifically for the Defender in many variants. However, I have also seen for other vehicles. I'll see if I have a photo ...

Reactions: LRdisco1

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Here in the picture you can see how the jack is mounted on the front. I can make you a detailed photo of the brackets if you like.

Highlift-El-Dracho.JPG

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Thanks. I purchased them as for Defender there are plenty of different versions available. But it's not rocket science either: the brackets are attached to the hood hinges with two bolts and have a U profile with a large bolt in the middle of each, where the jack is put on and then fixed with a knurled nut or similar.

LRdisco1

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky, United States
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Doyle
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
what don't you like about the one you have? I had my high lift galvanized and mounted it on the side of my rack with some bolts, I drilled the uprights and installed.
It’s trivial, but what I don’t like is that it won’t fit in the garage with the jack mounted. Not a huge deal, I can just put it up when I’m not out. I don’t drive with it on all the time but this not being my daily driver I wouldn’t mind it staying trail ready. Thank you