• HTML tutorial

Member III

Lake Oswego, OR, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Losee
Member #

This very well may have been covered long ago, but I found a drywall lift on offerup today after realizing I can’t pull into my small garage to use a hoist. This will help me get it on and off the rack and then I’ll raise it up and hang it from the ceiling for long term storage. Again, probably old news, but I’m a newbie here!

Attachments

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Heh.
And its on wheels.
I saw something like that, some company was selling for a bunch of money. It was marketed for pulling your RTT solo. When I saw it, I knew I saw it somewhere else. Drywall lift. Good one.

Once your on the ground, small flat dollies. I have a bunch of 24x24. When I pulled mine off to sell it, that's what I stored it on. I had it leaning up against the wall. Just be careful moving it when its standing up.

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
This is awesome. Going to keep my eye on craigslist. Jealous of the pavement. Wish I could find something like this with large wheels that could handle gravel/grass. Same for a creeper and a lift.

Alex Brame

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Woodburn, Oregon, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Brame
Member #

This very well may have been covered long ago, but I found a drywall lift on offerup today after realizing I can’t pull into my small garage to use a hoist. This will help me get it on and off the rack and then I’ll raise it up and hang it from the ceiling for long term storage. Again, probably old news, but I’m a newbie here!
This looks great, Brian! I just may invest in such a device in the future. I've built a contraption that holds my rtt up against the trusses in the garage, and swings down with the help of a small winch I mounted up there. The frame then sits on a furniture dolly and rolls out to the jeep. I won't elaborate further, only to say that the whole process is a bit dangerous, and there's always a chance I might do damage to the jeep. So, what you have found may be a better solution!
Alex

Mrprez

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wildwood, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kennedy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ4WMZ
The drywall lift is a fantastic idea and if we go to anything heavier I will have to remember this. My rack is 80” off the ground will the lift clear that?

Alex Brame

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Woodburn, Oregon, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Brame
Member #

True enough. Drywall. The ones I used in the past did a great job of lifting drywall, I never put 100lbs + on one.
I'd love to just back the jeep into the garage and hoist it up out of the way, but the door header is too low. Wish I had one of those dandy RV garages!
I'd even leave it on edge on the furniture dolly, but I keep packing more stuff into the garage, while still needing room for the fiance's A5 awa the wrangler when I'm working on it, which happens often.

Mrprez

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wildwood, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kennedy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ4WMZ
At our previous house, we had 10’ ceilings in the garage. I had the tent suspended on a pulley system. Lower right down onto the Jeep and in no time it was ready to go. Here, I can even get the Jeep into the garage tent or no tent.

Alex Brame

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Woodburn, Oregon, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Brame
Member #

At our previous house, we had 10’ ceilings in the garage. I had the tent suspended on a pulley system. Lower right down onto the Jeep and in no time it was ready to go. Here, I can even get the Jeep into the garage tent or no tent.
Sweet! Couldn't do it, not even before the 3" lift and the 35s

Member III

Lake Oswego, OR, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Losee
Member #

I would do the pulley system, but I can’t pull into my garage because I have too much crap in a single car garage. Haha