Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gilbert, Maricopa, AZ, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Pagliasotti
Member #

Interested in your tent - wondering if you are aware if it fits on a Toy Tacoma will 6 foot bed?

I will research myself, but just saw you post - thought I would ask.

aaaslayer

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Chino, CA
Interested in your tent - wondering if you are aware if it fits on a Toy Tacoma will 6 foot bed?

I will research myself, but just saw you post - thought I would ask.

Open size: 122"W x 76"L x 51"H.

Closed size: 47"W x 76"L x 11.5"H.

Mattress size: 92" x 75" Gross weight: 148 lbs.

6.333 feet long. It'll fit perfect if your rack sits above the cab. If it sits below the cab, just move it like half an inch back. In other words, it's pretty much a perfect fit. Tents are universal, will fit ANY truck or car. So long as you have a rack that can handle the weight, if you have a tiny car or short bed, all you do is offset the tent and slightly move it front or back so it overhangs a bit. Not going to break or damage anything since weight is distributed when you're inside, you're not putting all your weight into a 1 inch square space. You're good to go. I'm located in Chino Ca 5 hr 48 min (360.4 mi) away from Gilbert AZ. Sorry I'm not going to ship it though and not meet half way. I'll try to sell it locally before I drive out far for that.

Dbronco20/#15203

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Ron
Last Name
Pagliasotti
Member #

Thanks for the quick response and perfect info. I don’t mind driving, but I haven’t got the rack yet either.

I have been kicking the tires around on rtt, trailers, camping trailers, etc... so I am at square one.

Assume your going to sell it quick - but if not I will reach back out and make the drive.

Thanks dude - be safe

aaaslayer

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Chino, CA
Thanks for the quick response and perfect info. I don’t mind driving, but I haven’t got the rack yet either.

I have been kicking the tires around on rtt, trailers, camping trailers, etc... so I am at square one.

Assume your going to sell it quick - but if not I will reach back out and make the drive.

Thanks dude - be safe

Just let me know. I have someone checking it out tomorrow local, I hope he takes it but we'll see. I have a Leitner rack, if I may give you my input, I recommend you weld your own. Or have a metal fabricator from Craigslist with a decent portfolio fab it for you. Worth the effort and money, and it is to your liking and needs. If I could do it again I would weld my own. I know how to, just don't have time. But I've been through 2 racks, and now I'm ready to sell it all, and step into a pop top camper

Dbronco20/#15203

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Ron
Last Name
Pagliasotti
Member #

I have a local off-road place in AZ called Avidoffroad that does what I consider real fab work. Got my sliders there. Was considering using them for rack. It’s not pretty, but it’s solid steel tubing and welded in individual rails. Is that kinda what your recommending?

aaaslayer

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Chino, CA
The style doesn't matter, that's personal preference. I just recommend you weld up your own or have someone fab it for you because you get to pick and choose what you want and don't want on it, and it usually comes out cheaper if you go with a Craigslist welder who has experience. If you go to a shop you're going to pay a lot. They have a lot of overhead. If you support a mobile welder, you'll probably save some money and get a nice decent product. As for the style, that's totally up to you how simple or intricate you want to go. If I wasn't going for a pop top camper, I would just weld my own and keep it super simple and mid height and use rectangular tubing. The Leitner rack I have is nice and turns heads but I hate how tall it sits above the cab. I already have a huge truck as it is, to have a tent that high up is ugly to me. That's my fault though for buying that rack, not Leitner's fault.

aaaslayer

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Chino, CA
I have a local off-road place in AZ called Avidoffroad that does what I consider real fab work. Got my sliders there. Was considering using them for rack. It’s not pretty, but it’s solid steel tubing and welded in individual rails. Is that kinda what your recommending?

Well the buyer from the weekend flaked, stopped responding. He was all gunho then he vanished. So it's still available if still considering it.

Again, I'm in Chino, CA about 5.5 hrs away. 360 miles away.

new tent is $1300. annex new $310

over $1600 in goods. Your price $1000

Dbronco20/#15203

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Ron
Last Name
Pagliasotti
Member #

Hey - sorry for the slow response. I am interested, need to find the 11 hours to spare to get there and back. Kids have sports tourneys all weekend, and MLK day. So this weekend may be out, but the following weekend Sun is open.

Don’t want you to wait if you can sell it, but, if you don’t by next Sun I will make the drive, and I won’t flake.

I won’t have a rack by then, so will just have to go old school and strap it to the bed for trans back to house.

So let me know if you sell it before Thursday or so and I will take it off your hands.

Thx

aaaslayer

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Chino, CA
Hey - sorry for the slow response. I am interested, need to find the 11 hours to spare to get there and back. Kids have sports tourneys all weekend, and MLK day. So this weekend may be out, but the following weekend Sun is open.

Don’t want you to wait if you can sell it, but, if you don’t by next Sun I will make the drive, and I won’t flake.

I won’t have a rack by then, so will just have to go old school and strap it to the bed for trans back to house.

So let me know if you sell it before Thursday or so and I will take it off your hands.

Thx
Thank you, I'll let you know if it sells. I have another guy who wants to drive down from San Diego to get it, but we haven't setup a date yet.