Georgetown, KY, USA
First Name
Brady
Last Name
Robinette
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RRX
For Sale -- NW FL – 2014 Toyota Tacoma, Pro Shop Build - $15k cash / cashier’s check

Posting here for the Overland Bound community first!

This 2014 Toyota Tacoma was built as a "light overland" camping platform. It was mildly modified toward that purpose. Truck has spent nearly all it’s life based in KY, only recently moved to the Northwest Florida panhandle. Some very minor dents on top surfaces that are VERY difficult to see with the bright white (original) paint. Outside of that, No Damage History!

2.7 Liter 4 cylinder, manual 5- speed, cruise control, single cab. 14.2 mpg on interstate at 70 mph. Vehicle has approximately 150k miles and runs spectacularly. Shiny paint, no body or frame rot (Hey, maybe that ceramic paint protector junk really works!). Dash covered since day one and looks brand new.

Majority of Mods completed at ~100k miles, so approximately 50k on conversion. Differential gear ratio was changed from 4. 10 to 4.88 and an ARB air locker was installed in the rear. It is driven by a small compressor under the hood.

Icon suspension (sort of a modified Stage 2 kit). SINGLE BEST UPGRADE EVER!!! Truck rides very nicely and is very “directional”. I’m not saying it handles curves like a sportscar, but it will definitely surprise you the first time you crank into a hard sweeper.

A warn winch was installed along with Fab-Fours front and rear bumpers. The rear bumper includes a swing away spare carrier. A diamond back aluminum tonneau cover keeps the stuff in the bed secure.

A custom frame tied exo-cage was welded up out of schedule 40 and 80 pipe with rock rails and rear-quarter “tree kickers”. Finally, a Magiolina Columbus Varient pop up tent was added up top. Placing the tent slightly forward allows the rear portion of the tonneau to act as a step. With the tire swing carrier swung open and locked, you step on the rear bumper step, then use one of the bars of the tire carrier for the next step, step up to the tonneau cover (which will support over 400#), then turn around and set down on the tent mattress. All in all, a well-engineered solution.

Why a 4 cylinder?? The long bed, single cab manual transmission was ONLY available with the 2.7 liter engine in 2014 (might be the last year of the single cab, manual tranny?). Upping the gear ratio allowed the truck to remain responsive on the highway hills, even with the extra weight of the additions. Finally, the ‘Yota 4 cylinder has a well-earned reputation for long life, with fewer troubles and is (all tolled) a solid choice for headache free ownership.

Why stock-sized tires?? Lots of debate about this one, but unless you have a specific need for taller tires (clearance over Rubicon rocks or fording deep water), I submit that “stock-ish” tires benefits outweigh the compromises. Tighter turn radius, shorter stopping distance, less rolling resistance and longer component life are only a few.

Why am I selling?? Great question! Ultimately comes down to the fact that my Last-Ever Dream Truck is almost complete (Do an Overland Bound search for “FrankenJeep”) and I’ve been full-time RVing for my job since May of 2020. Sooooo, my beloved ‘Yota isn’t getting driven much anymore. Story of a blessed Single Guy—Too Many Trucks. (Also have a ’66 Unimog if you’re interested!)

Pics detailing some of the major components can be seen at the Performance Offroad website, here Tacoma Custom Rack

Hit me up on Overland Bound site with questions.

Alternatively, you can call direct and leave message. I will return your call.

No Text Messages—I’m old and curmudgeonly and frankly rarely check my text messages. If you're serious and interested, it warrants actual conversation.

'Yota can be seen in Pensacola, FL area by appointment.

Yep, I’m firm on price. I’ve got a grand-nephew that’s within spittin’ distance of his driver’s license. Good Lord, what trouble I could’ve gotten into with a rig like this at 16 years old!

Last—if it’s posted and doesn’t have a great big bold “SOLD!!!” notification in the title, then yep, it’s still available.

~doc

Brady 859.242.6143

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: