Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
Do you have a hard shell RTT now but have a growing family? Have you layed in your 2-man RTT and wished you had a lot more room? Well I have one of the easiest to deploy, best-made family-sized RTTs made today!

This is the second FreeSpirit tent we’ve owned and hands down its the quickest soft-shell tent there is to deploy and collapse. No goofy spring bar poles, a ladder that you don’t have to fight, huge windows, great ventilation and so, so much comfortable space inside. And it’s in great shape as we only used it about a dozen times over the last year. The cover is also in great shape- no tears, holes, etc.

This thing is BIG. And it’s GREAT. But- my wife is done climbing up and down a ladder and so we’ve purchased a Sportsmobile for our family adventures. I definitely still want a RTT however on my rig for solo adventures or when it’s just me and one of the kiddos.

You can see the details here: High Country Series 80" Roof Top Tent - Freespirit Recreation

So I’m looking to sell or trade for a smaller hard shell RTT. I think this thing is easily worth $2k, but I’m willing to take $1,700 so depending on what you have to trade, I can provide more cash or maybe you can! Frankly I really, really want an Alu Cab RTT so I can fork over the extra.

Tell me what you have, or if you just want a great deal on an amazing RTT then buy this one and save yourself $800 and shipping cost.

Hit me up with questions. In the East Bay, but willing to take a trip to sell/trade.

Lee

Last edited:

ob_explore

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lafayette, LA 70507 US
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Mitchell
Member #

Do you have a hard shell RTT now but have a growing family? Have you layed in your 2-man RTT and wished you had a lot more room? Well I have one of the easiest to deploy, best-made family-sized RTTs made today!

This is the second FreeSpirit tent we’ve owned and hands down its the quickest soft-shell tent there is to deploy and collapse. No goofy spring bar poles, a ladder that you don’t have to fight, huge windows, great ventilation and so, so much comfortable space inside. And it’s in great shape as we only used it about a dozen times over the last year. The cover is also in great shape- no tears, holes, etc.

This thing is BIG. And it’s GREAT. But- my wife is done climbing up and down a ladder and so we’ve purchased a Sportsmobile for our family adventures. I definitely still want a RTT however on my rig for solo adventures or when it’s just me and one of the kiddos.

You can see the details here: https://www.gofsr.com/product/high-country-series-80/

So I’m looking to sell or trade for a smaller hard shell RTT. I think this thing is easily worth $2k, so depending on what you have to trade, I can provide more cash or maybe you can! Frankly I really, really want an Alu Cab RTT so I can fork over the extra.

Tell me what you have, or if you just want a great deal on an amazing RTT then buy this one and save yourself $500 and shipping cost.

Hit me up with questions. In the East Bay, but willing to take a trip to sell/trade.

Lee

View attachment 87855
View attachment 87854
View attachment 87853
View attachment 87858
Nice!! What solar panel is that on the hood? I love how u have it set up.

94Cruiser

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Suisun City, California
Member #

That IS cool!

Do you have any performance issues with the solar panel mounted like that?

(Keeping it cool etc since I hear they might need air flow for cooling)

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
That IS cool!

Do you have any performance issues with the solar panel mounted like that?

(Keeping it cool etc since I hear they might need air flow for cooling)
No issues that I can detect. I think you’re right that the hotter they get the less effective they are, but it seems to be working fine.

Reactions: 94Cruiser

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
Price drop to $1,700. I see someone else has one in the area for $1,500 but looks like it’s needed a repair. Mine is still in perfect like new shape btw.