Rank II

Enthusiast III

Baldwin Park, CA, USA
First Name
Ramiro
Last Name
Vargas
Member #

Was wondering if anyone uses the solar motion sensor lights around their rig or campsite?

Sounds like a easy solution to place on the rig (not permanant) and or around the campsite,
To spot animals and just general security. Keep ome around the cooler or bear box to turn on automatically.

They sell packs of 2-4 for under 30$,

Reactions: Devildawg2136

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
yeah, i bought some off amazon and they are good lights, but they are also set off by small animals, so i was waking up all the time because the lights kept getting triggered. one time i kept seeing the light get triggered and the constant flashing kept me up...i went and watched and saw a cat kept setting it off.

whenever i hear a weird noise at camp now, i just send the wife to go check it out...forget the lights

Last edited:

frankasnyder

Rank 0

Contributor I

287 Private Road 5936, Yantis, Texas 75497, United States
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Snyder
Was wondering if anyone uses the solar motion sensor lights around their rig or campsite?

Sounds like a easy solution to place on the rig (not permanant) and or around the campsite,
To spot animals and just general security. Keep ome around the cooler or bear box to turn on automatically.

They sell packs of 2-4 for under 30$,

Reactions: Devildawg2136

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
We use them around our property where we need a little light but can't justify running electrical. The ones we have work great and can be setup to do different things. Right now we have most of them set to a "low" mode until they pickup movement then go into a brighter mode, then 15 seconds later go back to the low setting. This allows them to stay "on" all night and still have power the next day.

The issue I see with using them for overlanding is recharging. You would have to setup a way to secure them to the outsideof the vehicle to charge.

Reactions: 9Mike2