Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
So I searched for solar camp lights and came up with nothing. If you have found good solar lights for lighting up camp sites after dark please post up here. I'm currently searching for a good portable solar powered area light for lighting up a camp site.

Docrandy

Rank III
Staff member
Mod Team

Traveler III

Florida, USA
First Name
randy
Last Name
g
Hadn't even thought about that I was planning to use normal lights running off a solar system on my truck but now I am interested to see whats out there

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

Free spirit recreation ready lite is the one I have & absolutely rocks. It’s around $275 but we’ll worththe $

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Thanks @Jku Ben, that's exactly the kind of light I'm looking for. I see Overland Vehicle Systems has one like that too. Kind of surprised there aren't more like it out there to help with competition and bring the price down some!

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
If your cheap like me you could use some of those solar lights that folks use on walkways in front of their house. They come in packs of 4 or more.
Thanks, I see deals like that all the time through Groupon emails I get, never thought of that but that might work. Just looking for lighting to help see around the campground at night so you don't stumble over guy lines and other things!

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Thanks, I see deals like that all the time through Groupon emails I get, never thought of that but that might work. Just looking for lighting to help see around the campground at night so you don't stumble over guy lines and other things!
They would definately work for that. They are cheap at harbor freight and i imagine amazon has them cheaper. Or any home depot, lowes etc probably have them on sale since fall is here.

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

If your cheap like me you could use some of those solar lights that folks use on walkways in front of their house. They come in packs of 4 or more.
There great! They give off just enough low light to see around the campsite. I put one at each corner of our canopy so you don’t trip over the cord and stakes. I also stick one at the pooper. Cant beat them for $1ea.

Docrandy

Rank III
Staff member
Mod Team

Traveler III

Florida, USA
First Name
randy
Last Name
g
those lights are great for walking around and I will definitely pick up a few but I would like something a little more substantial without using the offroad lights on the truck lol

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
@TJDon posted a review of the Free Spirit Light! I'm poor so I'll probably go the cheap route for now but wouldn't mind having a light like the Free Spirit when I can afford it, would be really helpful at the hunting lease in the middle of a really dark pine forest where we have no electricity!

BTW, these lights below are pretty good too, this is what I currently have bolted to some trees at my hunting lease now. The pack of 4 is only $30 and put at the 4 corners of a campsite would light things up pretty good.

Reactions: TJDon

TJDon

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Galt CA
First Name
Don
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6TUI
Like @Viking1204 said, the free spirit light isn’t for the budget minded, but it is awesome! I definitely cringed at the cost but have zero regrets

Reactions: Viking1204

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

I have several of these Suaoki solar lamps. The work as a flashlight when compacted or a lamp when extended. Charging through solar and mini-usb.

They are def not flood lights, yet they do very well around camp and especially hanging inside the tentIMG_20191016_153948.jpeg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
So I searched for solar camp lights and came up with nothing. If you have found good solar lights for lighting up camp sites after dark please post up here. I'm currently searching for a good portable solar powered area light for lighting up a camp site.
Scott, my harbor freight solar kit came with a single led light for camp site. I haven't seem them listed separately but I will check. Amazon has these=

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
@TJDon posted a review of the Free Spirit Light! I'm poor so I'll probably go the cheap route for now but wouldn't mind having a light like the Free Spirit when I can afford it, would be really helpful at the hunting lease in the middle of a really dark pine forest where we have no electricity!

BTW, these lights below are pretty good too, this is what I currently have bolted to some trees at my hunting lease now. The pack of 4 is only $30 and put at the 4 corners of a campsite would light things up pretty good.

Scott, here is what harbor freight has to offer.

rsweet

Rank V

Member III

Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Sweet
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IHR
I have four of these B004OYXD7A. Work really well, very small and fuel works in backpacking stoves. I prefer natural light and they give off heat, which is plus.

yj4roks

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fallbrook, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Chase
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6FWD
I have two of these Luci light ropes...I have used them for just under a year now and they are great. They are compact enough to take backpacking too. for what they are, they are damn bright! On the low setting I have left them on all night, then during the day the solar recharges them. I have gone 3-4 days without plugging into any other power source. They can be charged by solar or plug in. You can also use the internal battery to charge your phone. I use them to string over the camp table and also run along the awning on my RV. I have two sets of them. I purchased mine at REI on sale close to xmas last year...I think I paid $24. Capture.PNG

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I have two of these Luci light ropes...I have used them for just under a year now and they are great. They are compact enough to take backpacking too. for what they are, they are damn bright! On the low setting I have left them on all night, then during the day the solar recharges them. I have gone 3-4 days without plugging into any other power source. They can be charged by solar or plug in. You can also use the internal battery to charge your phone. I use them to string over the camp table and also run along the awning on my RV. I have two sets of them. I purchased mine at REI on sale close to xmas last year...I think I paid $24. View attachment 123452

How long are they and how many lites ? Is the solar built in ?

yj4roks

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fallbrook, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Chase
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6FWD
here's the link...
18 feet long, says 10 light nodes...yes the solar is built in.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
here's the link...
18 feet long, says 10 light nodes...yes the solar is built in.
Thank you, it looks to be pretty handy as long as there is sunlight. (I usually find sunshine when I go because I have a solar set up I already use)