SoCal Overlanders Roll Call :)

• HTML tutorial

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Hey SoCal'ers, looking for some help setting up a trip in Big Bear on Labor Day weekend.

I'm aware of the Yellow Post spots but being socal and a holiday weekend I'm not going to bank on getting one of those spots

Can anyone recommend any dispersed camp sites in the area?

Also looking for some trails to run. We'll have a mixture of Jeep, Toyota and Land Rover but all are fairly capable

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Bootsie624

65westfalia

Rank 0

Contributor I

fullerton, CA
First Name
Joey
Last Name
Harris
Hey. Fullerton here. We have an '80 that is in almost exactly the same condition. My son is really wanting to do overland so he is taking over stewardship of the family one owner SR5 long bed. I'm sure he'll post here under this ID.

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
Pomona here!
Your from Pomona, you should meet with the Inland Empire group. We meet up every third Saturday, or, go on day rides, or, camping trips. Nice group of people. This month we will be having a parking lot meet up, probably in Riverside. Then, on Sept. 26 several (about 10) will be attending the Sierra Rally at Shaver Lake.
Look up the Inland Empire Rally Point.

Reactions: JLUR_EQ

JLUR_EQ

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pomona, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Quiros
Member #

Your from Pomona, you should meet with the Inland Empire group. We meet up every third Saturday, or, go on day rides, or, camping trips. Nice group of people. This month we will be having a parking lot meet up, probably in Riverside. Then, on Sept. 26 several (about 10) will be attending the Sierra Rally at Shaver Lake.
Look up the Inland Empire Rally Point.
Thank you! I have been looking for a local group with no luck, I’ll definitely check it out!