Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Kultala
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
So I’ll be putting a snorkel on my Jeep hopefully later this week when I get some time, I’ll post what I can here when I’m done so I can give anyone thinking about it some Lessons Learned and such!

I got a snorkel for a 2000s Land Cruiser, I thought it was for a Tacoma but it ain’t. Was only $75 from Amazon Prime so I don’t know how great it’ll be overall but the price made sense to me, why charge $1000 for some plastic?

If anyone else has any info on their own DIY install please share!

IMG_6485.JPG

Delux2769

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lakewood, CO, USA
Member #

For Subaru foresters, we use the Pajero snorkel.

Having a heat gun really helps to make it as clean as possible looking... 2 people is also nice.

Hardest part is making that first hole in the hood, then actually doing the rivets on the a-pillar.

Good luck and post pictures!

Reactions: überlander

überlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
James
Last Name
Kultala
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
Alright y’all! I finished the job, we got back from our trip early but it’s all done and holy crud I Love it! From the different sound when you accelerate to the better gas mileage, I had to sell my soul to 3 separate deities to finish this project and I would Never do this again but I’m so so happy it’s done!IMG_6605.JPGIMG_6604.JPGIMG_6601.JPG

Pathfinder I

Canada
First Name
Craig
Last Name
PereferNotToSay
That looks really good. You would never know it was made for a different vehicle if you didn't mention it.

How did you come to select that particular snorkel for your application? Have others used that snorkel on the Cherokee? And do you mind posting up a bit of a story on how it all came together -- based on your 'selling your soul' comment I imagine it wasn't easy!

It seriously looks great. Nice work!

überlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
James
Last Name
Kultala
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
That looks really good. You would never know it was made for a different vehicle if you didn't mention it.

How did you come to select that particular snorkel for your application? Have others used that snorkel on the Cherokee? And do you mind posting up a bit of a story on how it all came together -- based on your 'selling your soul' comment I imagine it wasn't easy!

It seriously looks great. Nice work!
Thanks much!

So the best/worst part was I ordered the snorkel in the blind from amazon for $75. There are others that fit the cherokee much better, but they are huge and expensive.

I’ll put together my journey doing this project later after I’ve rested, I’m sore as all get out haha!

Pathfinder I

Canada
First Name
Craig
Last Name
PereferNotToSay
Thats awesome! Thanks for sharing the full blood and guts of retrofitting this snorkel to your rig. I can imagine the nerves were a bit raw after cutting holes in the fender, but I will say one more time that it really does look great on there. I wouldn't know it wasn't designed for the Cherokee from the pics you posted, and the install looks good.

Nice work and thanks for sharing!

überlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
James
Last Name
Kultala
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
Thats awesome! Thanks for sharing the full blood and guts of retrofitting this snorkel to your rig. I can imagine the nerves were a bit raw after cutting holes in the fender, but I will say one more time that it really does look great on there. I wouldn't know it wasn't designed for the Cherokee from the pics you posted, and the install looks good.

Nice work and thanks for sharing!
Thanks so much! I had about 8 separate times I wanted to quit haha, but once the holes were cut, I just had to keep pushing through!