Slowly but surely, changes will happen

• HTML tutorial

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

As some of you have seen from my posts, I own a 2016 Toyota Tundra SR5 dual cab.. Ive been trying to figure out what direction I want to go with it as far as a "build project". I don't want to go too crazy with it as I also have a 1966 IH Scout 800 that I've been building/modifying for waay too long..Anyways..the 1st thing I did to the Tundra was to get the bed, front grill and both front and rear bumpers LineXed. Original thought with the bumpers is that the blackout will hold me over until I get the funds for front and rear Iron Cross bumpers. So far so good. Its only been 3-4 months..{purchased truck in Dec '16}. I changed out the original floor mats for a set of WeatherTech ones.. These things are great at catching/holding debris and moisture..I also added a set of Autoshade Vent Shades.. I know, not a huge addition but I like them..After much research on this site and 3-4 others, I came up with a tire comparison. I figured out what the top 15-20 tires are that guys/gals like us favor. My final decision was a set of Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx..my original tire size was 255/70/18 and I opted for the 275/70/18.. So far I'm pretty satisfied. Ive had them on for about 2 weeks along with a new set of wheels..All from Discount Tire Direct..It goes in for an alignment next Wednesday..The next items Id like to get the stock Toyota bedside hold down rails and a DECKED storage system..I'd LOVE to get a Can Back bed topper but may figure out a very generic copy of one.. Not sure yet. I may get a body level kit also. Would like to update the lighting and figure out a cb to use..
These are my thoughts as of now. Ultimately, I see the Tundra being used as a tow vehicle for the Scout. Not sure if I'll trust it to drive for days to get somewhere. Well, this is what I have now..Stay tuned for changes as they happen.. But be patient..IMG_3.jpg IMG_5.jpg IMG_4.jpg