• HTML tutorial

HOTRODSTU77

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

London, Ontario
Member #

Hey there overlanders,

Still pretty new here but looking forward to being a part of a great community when I'm not on the road for work. I tend to travel alot for work and that being said I don't have a lot of time at home with the family and the rig. So this will be a super slow build but a build nonetheless. Looking forward to my progress as well as hearing from other full size overlanders with tips and tricks.

Please note at this point in time the truck is my wife's daily driver so it needs to be safe and reliable for her year round with very little overlanding to start. So that being said I'm going to improve on certain items first that will benefit her more and then moving on to overlanding gear. I will update this thread as I add new items to the truck.
Before pic:
IMG_0538.JPG

Current set up:
2015 Dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi with 6spd auto
33" bf goodrich k02
20" Dodge ram longhorn wheels
2. 5" rough country leveling kit

B7844F63-F833-4209-B641-6DBD57DDC183.jpeg

Left to install:
Z roads spotlight hinge kit
Rigid industries D series spot lights
Headlight revolution led low/high beams, reverse lights, license plate bulbs, rear dome and map lights, cargo lights, turn signals, tail light and turn signal bulbs

Attachments

Last edited:

HOTRODSTU77

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

London, Ontario
Member #

So what is your master plan/vision?
Just kinda taking it slow for now because like I said this is the wife's truck for now that is mostly used for daily driving. My kids have never been camping and my wife is used to trailer camping. I've been camping with family all my life so I need to ease them into it.

I don't neccessarily have a grand vision of what the end product will be but I've been modifying vehicles since before I was driving. Currently my build is focusing on strengthening weaknesses in the vehicle so it will benefit my wife's daily usage and overtime will make this a better more capable truck overall and as we camp we will discover other areas of improval and slowly add components out of necessity. Hope that answers your question :)

Enthusiast III

Just kinda taking it slow for now because like I said this is the wife's truck for now that is mostly used for daily driving. My kids have never been camping and my wife is used to trailer camping. I've been camping with family all my life so I need to ease them into it.

I don't neccessarily have a grand vision of what the end product will be but I've been modifying vehicles since before I was driving. Currently my build is focusing on strengthening weaknesses in the vehicle so it will benefit my wife's daily usage and overtime will make this a better more capable truck overall and as we camp we will discover other areas of improval and slowly add components out of necessity. Hope that answers your question :)
Right on! I spent a lot of hours day dreaming about the things I want to do to my rig.

Reactions: HOTRODSTU77

HOTRODSTU77

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

London, Ontario
Member #

Right on! I spent a lot of hours day dreaming about the things I want to do to my rig.
Oh trust me I normally would be and canget carried away and blow a ton of money on stuff I think I need. So I’m trying to be sensible on this build and take it slow. Otherwise before I know it I’ll have a maxed credit card and a wicked overland rig with no where to use it and no money to fuel it lol

Reactions: GingerBeardMan78

Gothere

Rank 0

Traveler I

Alabama
Hey there overlanders,

Left to install:
Z roads spotlight hinge kit
Rigid industries D series spot lights
Headlight revolution led low/high beams, reverse lights, license plate bulbs, rear dome and map lights, cargo lights, turn signals, tail light and turn signal bulbs
How did these turn out? I cannot stand the factory light output on these Rams, and I am debating my options.

HOTRODSTU77

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

London, Ontario
Member #

I haven’t got them yet actually. Still waiting till I get home. Won’t be till probably the end of the year and then I will do an update then.