Slow 80, Slow Build

• HTML tutorial

Stoked

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Celina, Tx
Member #

Thought I would go ahead and throw this build thread on here as a place for me to document what I am doing. It will be slow going as the funds aren't there yet, and what little I do have to throw at this rig will be for getting it baselined, and cosmetically acceptable for it's current daily driver duties.

A little background: I've always been a Jeep guy, having owned 4 of them over the last 10 years, and I've always been more into rock crawling. A couple years ago I discovered the Overlanding movement and felt that was more my speed. I love trail riding, I love camping, and I love exploring. Perfect! I had grand plans for the 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited that I had when I joined here just a few months ago, but some things came up and it had to go. I knew it was coming so I had time to do some research on a replacement. Toyota has kinda always been on my radar, with both of my folks driving one (my pops is good friends with a local Toyota dealership owner) and I have owned a first-gen 4Runner in the past. Long story short, I ended up with a 1991 FJ80 Land Cruiser with 215k miles on it. Appears to have been well maintained (still has the original owners manual in the glove box). I've been ordering some odds and ends to get it up to snuff, and I'll document a little of that as I go. Hopefully I can start getting it out for some trips soon.

LC1.jpg LC5.jpg LC11.jpg

Last edited: