dirtnsmores

Rank II

Enthusiast III

southern california
First Name
Mike
Last Name
M
Who has rock sliders? I got a good deal on used sliders for my Tacoma. Getting them later this week. I'll post pics. They are All-Pro Apex sliders with a fill plate and kick out. Angled 15 degrees. Powder coated.

I like going to dispersed campsites and down fire roads. Nothing crazy but you never know. Plus I wanted a step for my kids and to reach the roof rack. Now I'll have a lifting point since the truck is lifted.

Do any of you have sliders on your 2wd?

Last edited:

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Seems like it would promote a high center event unless you had enough momentum to carry you past center.

Do you have a rear locker?

dirtnsmores

Rank II

Enthusiast III

southern california
First Name
Mike
Last Name
M
Seems like it would promote a high center event unless you had enough momentum to carry you past center.

Do you have a rear locker?
No not yet. But the limited slip differential works great. My truck is lifted so I'm pretty high off the ground. Not too worried about that. These sliders are angled up 15 degrees too. Tucked in nicely. I'll post a pic when I get them on. I see your concern though. Definitely a possibility.

Don't plan on going to rocky areas where it's possible. I know my limits have a lot of experience with this truck. This is more for those oops moments and to have another lifting point, and a step to reach the roof rack. Just knocking out a few birds with one stone

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Our 2wd truck will get sliders at some point, we've had some trips in Death Valley were the truck got put up against some rocks and dinged the fender flares/door pretty well, Sliders would have prevented that. Its also gotten rubbed up against some trees and again sliders would have helped. My partner is good at driving "full send" so skids in that regard tend to help, LOL

Downside is no one makes em for full size, single cab, short bed trucks... so we're going to fab some up when the time comes,.

Reactions: dirtnsmores

dirtnsmores

Rank II

Enthusiast III

southern california
First Name
Mike
Last Name
M
Our 2wd truck will get sliders at some point, we've had some trips in Death Valley were the truck got put up against some rocks and dinged the fender flares/door pretty well, Sliders would have prevented that. Its also gotten rubbed up against some trees and again sliders would have helped. My partner is good at driving "full send" so skids in that regard tend to help, LOL

Downside is no one makes em for full size, single cab, short bed trucks... so we're going to fab some up when the time comes,.
If you're in Southern California there are a lot of fabricators that might be able to do it. But it's always great to DIY if you can.

stokesrm

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Murrieta, CA, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Stokes
Member #

Who has rock sliders? I got a good deal on used sliders for my Tacoma. Getting them later this week. I'll post pics. They are All-Pro Apex sliders with a fill plate and kick out. Angled 15 degrees. Powder coated.

I like going to dispersed campsites and down fire roads. Nothing crazy but you never know. Plus I wanted a step for my kids and to reach the roof rack. Now I'll have a lifting point since the truck is lifted.

Do any of you have sliders on your 2wd?
I have CaliRaised 0-degree sliders on mine.FF73C346-A27F-47CF-8DF5-1AA1109CF50D.jpeg

dirtnsmores

Rank II

Enthusiast III

southern california
First Name
Mike
Last Name
M
Update. My sliders are still sitting on the side of the house. I spent the last few months searching for a first gen 4x4 tundra. Not much luck. The market is extremely overpriced right now. Think I'm going back to my original plan and putting it Detroit truetrac limited slip differential in my prerunner and getting these sliders installed. Won't be doing any snow or mud off-roading anyways.

Reactions: rho

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I always weigh the protection factor against the weight and usually the weight vs the GVWR says why bother....
50 years of driving Jeeps and I've never sctaped a rocker panel.

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
I always weigh the protection factor against the weight and usually the weight vs the GVWR says why bother....
50 years of driving Jeeps and I've never sctaped a rocker panel.
It depends on where you wheel and what type of trails you end up doing. We've scrapped sides of our pre-runner out on some trails in Death Valley and the sliders on my jeep get extensive use.