First Name
Jon
Last Name
Weet
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Hey All,

Anybody know how much of an issue compatibility is between grille guards and offroad bumpers?

I have a 2017 Silverado with a Wetsin Sportsman grille guard. I'm looking to replace the stock bumper with something that has a winch or at least something I can stick a hi-lift on if I ever need to. At the same time, the guard wasn't cheap, and I do like having the protection it offers when driving down some of those overgrown forest roads. I can't find anything saying that it would be a fitment issue, but it seems like it would be.

Anybody have experience with this?

Thanks and happy overlanding!

Shakes355

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Bellingham, WA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Adams
Member #

There are so many bumper designs out there that youd be best served communicating directly with each manufacturer. Something to consider though, is that many aftermarket bumpers have a brush/grill guard as an optional add-on. If you don't have the resources or time/want-to to build some custom mounting brackets for your existing guard, maybe look at a combined unit that you like and sell your old one. Those guards tend to hold value pretty well and are generally in high demand when discounted. Good luck.

Reactions: Aequitas1916