Rank III

Enthusiast II

West Chester, OH
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Keefe
Member #

I would love to know what other full-size 1500 Silverado guys are running for rock sliders and what their opinions are. I’m looking to get some and would love to hear experiences good and bad. Any advice is welcome as always.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Your gonna have to build your own or retro fit some from another model with em available. They are likely gonna just be cosmetic and won't stop much if any damage. The reason they aren't readily available for full size trucks is that they don't do much protecting the truck weighs too much, and to make it protect anything it would be so thick you'd loose ground clearance and add alot of weight. Granted something is better than nothing to protect your rig but if they are cheap and thin you may find that after a day of playing in the rocks you can no longer open Your doors to get out.

Good luck looking for some. every couple off months someone asks the same question so yo may be able to look through the forums and find what others end up doing.
Like I said though whatever you put on a full size pickup probably won't handle the weight. My colorado weighs 7200lb and I've bent 2 pair of sliders and a pair of n fab steps in less than 4 years.

phoxxtwo

Rank III

Enthusiast II

West Chester, OH
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Keefe
Member #

Wow ok thanks for the feedback. Not necessarily looking to do serious rock crawling really just looking for added protection for places like the Daniel Boone Back Country Byway. Thanks for the feedback though I appreciate it as I am still new to overlanding.

phoxxtwo

Rank III

Enthusiast II

West Chester, OH
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Keefe
Member #

Your gonna have to build your own or retro fit some from another model with em available. They are likely gonna just be cosmetic and won't stop much if any damage. The reason they aren't readily available for full size trucks is that they don't do much protecting the truck weighs too much, and to make it protect anything it would be so thick you'd loose ground clearance and add alot of weight. Granted something is better than nothing to protect your rig but if they are cheap and thin you may find that after a day of playing in the rocks you can no longer open Your doors to get out.

Good luck looking for some. every couple off months someone asks the same question so yo may be able to look through the forums and find what others end up doing.
Like I said though whatever you put on a full size pickup probably won't handle the weight. My colorado weighs 7200lb and I've bent 2 pair of sliders and a pair of n fab steps in less than 4 years.
What brands did you have on your Colorado?

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I had xo fab sliders and n fab steps

To be clear the manufacturers likely aren't the problem. The problem with long heavy rigs and sliders is #1 finding some long enough to look good on your application, ie fender to fender #2 longer the slider the weaker it is (lot more flex), there are a few ways around this but they will add alot of weight #3 if you have a lift say goodbye to around an inch of it and probably more if you have a bumper, winch, skids,etc.

Last edited:

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

I dont have sliders but I use these from amazon and I have drug them along slightly and no worries. I know they arent sliders but they do work and I will buid my sliders later on when I really want them, I am a welder/fabricator but for now I will continue to use these.

Slider Steps