Launch Member

Member III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Niemi
Member #

Did you miss the first trip up to Silver Lake? Well don't worry, we're doing it again! We're not leaving Spokane until Friday evening 8/23 and will plan on getting to the trailhead around 8pm make our way up to the lake.

I set the really point for the trailhead, but if you want to caravan out of Spokane, just holler and we can arrange a spot. We'll be trying to get out of Spokane by 5:30pm ish.

The trail up to the lake is rocky and overgrown, so expect some pinstriping. It's also one lane so you may have to pull-out or backup a long way down a slope depending on traffic. We'll be camping for two nights on the bank of the lake, leave when you're ready.

View Rally Point

Aaron Niemi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Niemi
Member #

I attached the forest road map to the rally point.

Since I'm not able to get an earlier start I'd definitely encourage anyone who wants to go, to get there as early as they can as to avoid climbing the road in the dark like I"ll probably be doing.

Aaron Niemi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Niemi
Member #

Yeah definitely go slow over the hump once you split right, as you can't see the ditch/water bar behind it.

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
Dude, i just deleted all the redundant posts, plus the original.

30 min slow climb in some brush. Stay right at the Y, watch the water bar right after the Y. I'll be driving a white 4dr Jeep if anyone new gets there.

Reactions: Aaron Niemi

Aaron Niemi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Niemi
Member #

Hey All,
When I posted this rally point I wasn't sure if it sent out ANY emails... I put in a support ticket at got this reply:

How it works:
Rally Point does NOT send an email invitation, rather, it sends a private conversation to the users forum inbox. If the user has email notifications set to "On" in their settings, they will get an email. If they have it set to "off", they will not. We need to respect their wishes, and if set to off, that's that - they will not get an email.

Next: Is your invite limit reached? If it is, Rally Point has a weighted invite system that prioritizes new members, people closest to the start location, members following the "Meetups" forum, and a few other factors. It will drop inactive members and people who are far away if your invite limit is reached. You will see your invite limit is reached when you generate invites.
Did you (anyone) get an email? Other than the one Steve sent separately?

I'm just trying to see if there's a technical glitch, or if it's by "design".

TIA
-Aaron

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
Hey All,
When I posted this rally point I wasn't sure if it sent out ANY emails... I put in a support ticket at got this reply:

Did you (anyone) get an email? Other than the one Steve sent separately?

I'm just trying to see if there's a technical glitch, or if it's by "design".

TIA
-Aaron
Nope. Way above my paygrade. One of the reasons I dont like messing with rally points.

Aaron Niemi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Niemi
Member #

Safe travels to anyone who's coming! If all goes as planned, I'll see you all at the lake tonight!

Reactions: britz