Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Hit Signal Peak again to show a buddy the trail.

This time I took the harder alternate line to the top. One of my wheels gained lots of new scratches for the effort. :)

Made it to the top of the line.

Got to finally use my winch too! Gabe's Land Rover does very well on most obstacles for being almost stock but it didn't like this steep scree slope. I tried tugging him up but kept digging myself in so I went back to the top and winched. It worked perfectly.

Winching FTW!

And the view from the top of the mountain is always worth it!

fly boy

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marin County
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mazzon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BIF
Nice video and photos. I wonder if my friends LR4 (stock) could make it up the trail without a tug. I need to do this trail next year.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Nice video and photos. I wonder if my friends LR4 (stock) could make it up the trail without a tug. I need to do this trail next year.
Most likely! If you don't do the loose scree shale route we took. The main trail goes off to the left but I took this route because it looked like an alternate line. :flushed: If you stick to the main trail it's not too bad although the lifted Tacos were having quite a bit of trouble on the main trail and I'm not sure why. Last year there was a rooty ledge that was a little difficult and it may have gotten worse this year.

The only part that gave me trouble is shown at time 8:58. I got my rear tire caught up on a rock and the front driver tire fell down into the hole. MT tires would have allowed me to climb the ledge much easier. Note, you don't have to do that line at all.

fly boy

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marin County
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mazzon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BIF
Hi Justin-

Thanks for the video. Looks fun. If you run the trail again next year and what some more company keep me in mind. Thanks.

-J

Reactions: JCWages

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Hi Justin-

Thanks for the video. Looks fun. If you run the trail again next year and what some more company keep me in mind. Thanks.

-J
For sure! It's not far from my house so I'm down to run it whenever. Let's put something together for next year before the heat kicks in and everything gets crazy dusty.

fly boy

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marin County
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mazzon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BIF
Sounds good Justin. Coming from the Bay Area so I'll probably want to run trails for at least two days. I would plan things around SP run. If you wanted to join me for another day or just do SP both work for me. I have a lot of vacation time so could also do weekdays if your available.

-J

Last edited:

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Sounds good Justin. Coming from the Bay Area so I'll probably want to run trails for at least two days. I would plan things around SP run. If you wanted to join me for another day or just do SP both work for me. I have a lot of vacation time so could also do weekdays if your available.

-J
We could hit a few trails and camp. Lots of options up here. We could also consider Poker Flat and Snake Lake near Downieville.

Reactions: Ashton

fly boy

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marin County
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mazzon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BIF
TGIF Justin-

Sounds like a plan. I have a book that has recommended some trails around Downieville but have never been in the area yet. Your recommendations sound good. Lets plan to nail a date down in the spring once the snow is gone.

-J