F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Fuel:

Pannament Springs(gas/diesel)-general store open @07:00
Stovepipe Wells(gas/diesel)-24/7 auto
Furnace Creek(gas/diesel)-24/7 auto
Beatty Nv.(just outside park boundary SSE -(gas/diesel)(24/7)

I Do vehicle evaluations in this area. I have not been as far a Lone Pine on California 190 W. I hope this helps anyone traveling in the Parks southern area.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys, I would like to join your trip if possible, I’m not seeing starting point or time.. I would be coming from Saint George, Ut...
PapaDave is correct, do you need any further info? if so message me @Kent R

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Reviewing the waypoints looks like we are going by gas stations, but what would be your recommendation on how much fuel to bring? Enough for a second tank of gas?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Reviewing the waypoints looks like we are going by gas stations, but what would be your recommendation on how much fuel to bring? Enough for a second tank of gas?
Most people will take 5-10 gals extra, I will take 6.

Barclay

Local Expert Southern CA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Los Angeles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6BDO
Alright I got clearance from work to get those days off! But I also discovered I need to replace my tie rods and drag links -- I'm 98% sure I'll get that done in time.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Alright I got clearance from work to get those days off! But I also discovered I need to replace my tie rods and drag links -- I'm 98% sure I'll get that done in time.
Please advise as soon as possible. And make sure the alignment shop knows about off road use. ;-)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Please advise as soon as possible. And make sure the alignment shop knows about off road use. ;-)
we are already sending out info by email should I put you on that list?

Barclay

Local Expert Southern CA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Los Angeles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6BDO
Alignment shop is an off-road shop; they know what I drive. Just got off the phone with them and it should be ready tonight. Put me down for the trip!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I will send an email with the needed info.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Ruff

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Pedro
Member #

Hi I have a Ram 1500 Crew cab Rebel 4x4 with BFG & side rails . Is it too big for For the root you have picked ?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I have a Ram 1500 Crew cab Rebel 4x4 with BFG & side rails . Is it too big for For the root you have picked ?
I will ask this question of our trail leader. But Im thinking it wont be a problem.
@Narbob

Overland Expedition

Rank III
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Ely, NV, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Suarez
Member #

Service Branch
Law Enforcement/EMT
I have taken my Ford Expedition on this route a couple times. If you are comfortable taking your truck into very tight spots and as long as your side rails are metal sliders and not just steps, you should be fine.

Last edited:

Montazuma

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Hurricane,Utah
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Nov 1st, Lone Pine CA 14:30. Its waypoint one. The main group is coming from the north and 2 rigs will be coming from the south meeting up in Lone Pine CA, then jumping onto the trail.
Thanks for getting back with me, just got work trip to east coast...was really hoping to connect with some other overlanders. I will just keep trying.. FYI, I live in Huracaine Utah, have some great trips mapped out if anyone finds themselves up here...

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
I’ll add to Overland Expedition, the tightest spot is Dedeckera Canyon. As I’ve suggested to others, you can YouTube it and get an idea. We will be going down the steps. I’ve gone up the steps with 1500 in the group with no issues. Hope this helps.

DocTaco

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Modesto
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Maston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZE
Now that it is completed...I have to say it was an awesome adventure. Special thanks to Kent, Bob and Kevin for all the planning! Look forward to the next adventure. Oh yeah, and fire-pit vs Tacoma...Tacoma wins!

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Spend 6 days traveling Death Valley with a group of friends.
All vehicles and members that are going must be self sufficient for 6 days; water, food, fuel. There are no gas stations or grocery stores.
Vehicles requirements; lift, rock rails/bars, spare fuel, all terrain tires, vehicle in good working order.
This trip has been mapped out by members that are very familiar with Death Valley, the attached KML file is the itinerary for the tip. Everyone will stay together for the entire trip for safety reason.
Pack clothing and camping gear for all types of weather

What a spectacular and almost spiritual trip through Death Valley! A wonderful group of people who in my Opinion personify what it means to be a member of Overland Bound! I want to give a special thanks to Kent & Bob because if not for them I wouldn’t have felt my rig or myself were ready to participate! I would also like to thank everyone else for they’re freely given friendship and warm welcome.

IMG_6747.JPGIMG_7073.JPGIMG_7076.JPGIMG_7116.JPGIMG_7203.JPGIMG_7139.JPGIMG_7223.JPGIMG_7224.JPGIMG_7068.JPGIMG_7070.JPG

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Love it when such a great time makes such an impression on members that they change their forum name to the nickname given on the trip.