Rank 0

Traveler I

San Clemente, CA
First Name
Randun
Last Name
TheOneandOnly
Hi everyone!

I was doing some online research and stumbled upon a cool product.

Does anyone have any experience with this:

I love the concept of this product, and it looks like it is a quality privacy enclosure for using the bathroom/changing, or a great option for taking a shower on the trail.

Randun

Rank 0

Traveler I

San Clemente, CA
First Name
Randun
Last Name
TheOneandOnly
I have the Alu-Cab shower cube and love it.
Thank you so much for your time and your opinion!

I'm so glad you are happy with yours. I have a friend that has one too and she loves it!

I saw this one from Tuff Stuff Overland, and it made me think of the one that I have seen by Alu-Cab. I loved this price point of TSO's tent too! $249 vs $600. Yes please. :)

Have fun out there!

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I use a pop up style tent. Goes up super quick, makes a great out house, and once you get the hang of it, it packs up super quick as well. It's also about 60 bucks or so.

Reactions: Brewbud and Randun

Randun

Rank 0

Traveler I

San Clemente, CA
First Name
Randun
Last Name
TheOneandOnly
I use a pop up style tent. Goes up super quick, makes a great out house, and once you get the hang of it, it packs up super quick as well. It's also about 60 bucks or so.
I have one of those too.

I struggle getting it back into its caring case. It's probably just me, and yes I have watched the videos on how to do it. :)

I'm glad you like your tent. Thank you so much for your opinion.

Have fun out there!

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I have one of those too.

I struggle getting it back into its caring case. It's probably just me, and yes I have watched the videos on how to do it. :)

I'm glad you like your tent. Thank you so much for your opinion.

Have fun out there!
I get it, it's not for everyone. I'm also trying to do this as cheaply as I can, but that's me.

As far as the tuff stuff shower thing, I've not read really anything bad about much of the tuff stuff line, so its probably pretty decent quality. Is it going to be as high quality as the alu-cab? Of course not, but it's probably going to be just fine for most people.

Reactions: Randun

Randun

Rank 0

Traveler I

San Clemente, CA
First Name
Randun
Last Name
TheOneandOnly
I get it, it's not for everyone. I'm also trying to do this as cheaply as I can, but that's me.

As far as the tuff stuff shower thing, I've not read really anything bad about much of the tuff stuff line, so its probably pretty decent quality. Is it going to be as high quality as the alu-cab? Of course not, but it's probably going to be just fine for most people.
I'm like you. I don't mind saving up for something if it really solves an issue, but if I can solve an issue for much cheaper, then I'm all for that way :)

I have heard great things about TSO, so I agree with you on the quality too.

Thank you so much for your time and your opinions! I really appreciate it.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
The Tent is ideal for privacy if needed for a dressing room or potty as well. For the shower its a good idea to have some sort of grating or rubber mat to stand on and a cloth-fiber type mat (welcome mat) outside the opening to dry feet on.

My shower rig is a 5 gal sprayer tank with a pressurised hand pump built in, and a modified sprayer hose. The Tank is painted black (bed liner paint) to absorb the suns heat. No sun no bath.

All untested I might add. I've been looking at the tankless water heater @ sportsmans guide catalog for 5 years.
I just might pull the trigger on that item because of all the fire restrictions and not being able to heat water over the flame. Having hot water available for cleaning, bathing and even hot tea I think is a number one on my list of important camping needs.

Reactions: Randun

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
A question Grub, does the tankless water heater have a thermostat control for the water temperature ? I know it does but I'm interested to know how hot can the water be, luke warm to boiling hot ???

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
A question Grub, does the tankless water heater have a thermostat control for the water temperature ? I know it does but I'm interested to know how hot can the water be, luke warm to boiling hot ???
yes and also the water flow will effect temperature...if you slow down the flow, it spends more time at the heat source and will get pretty hot, hot enough to be uncomfortable. i have only used it with our camp trailer that has a tank and a decent size sureflow 12v pump, so i get really good flow. i have a set up in the camper shell on the tundra and its a plastic 5gal jerry can with a smaller 12v inline pump. i havent tried that out yet, but i know my flow will be less and i will have to lower the heat setting. it works great and 5 gal of water will last me a good while. i can easily get 3 showers off the 5 gal.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I have a pop up tent style and a propane water heater. Sometimes I just use a solar shower. I like the pop up because I can set it up away from my Jeep.
That's a good reason to not have the zero declination type. First it's too expensive and second because it's attached to your rig you and have a mud problem right next to your rig. I thought about building the roof top pvc black tube type solar shower but it has the same problem @ being attached to the rig and getting everything wet and muddy. My 5 gal sprayer container is also an extra water supply if needed. 40#'s of water is heavy but if you cant lift it easily you just fill it half full which is plenty of water for 1-2 baths once you learn to wet down, soap up, them wash off instead of using a steady stream of water.

Randun

Rank 0

Traveler I

San Clemente, CA
First Name
Randun
Last Name
TheOneandOnly
The Tent is ideal for privacy if needed for a dressing room or potty as well. For the shower its a good idea to have some sort of grating or rubber mat to stand on and a cloth-fiber type mat (welcome mat) outside the opening to dry feet on.

My shower rig is a 5 gal sprayer tank with a pressurised hand pump built in, and a modified sprayer hose. The Tank is painted black (bed liner paint) to absorb the suns heat. No sun no bath.

All untested I might add. I've been looking at the tankless water heater @ sportsmans guide catalog for 5 years.
I just might pull the trigger on that item because of all the fire restrictions and not being able to heat water over the flame. Having hot water available for cleaning, bathing and even hot tea I think is a number one on my list of important camping needs.
Thank you so much for your opinions.

I agree with you. That tent works great for a changing room and for the restroom.

If I was to get a shower tent, I would add a mat of some type for the floor.

My water-port works amazing as a water source. I'm just looking for a shower tent, and I think TSO's product offering will work great.

Have fun out there and stay warm!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Mine has a thermostat and senses when thw water stops. I think most, if not all do.
Yeah, I got off my butt and did some checking and your right, they all have temp adjustment, water flow rate and shut off if the water isn't flowing. I think it is a pretty good idea to have one for its many uses. Really not that expensive either.