Show your setup!!

• HTML tutorial

Roam Wild Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor I

Halifax, NS
Member #

Building up to the first Atlantic region meet next week, interested in seeing what everyone is adventuring with.

I run a 2012 JKU Sport. It's not heavily modded as I haven't ventured anywhere too crazy that the Jeep can't get to with it's stock setup.

Most of my focus has been on my trailer, which is a DIY job. Pretty basic, but gets the job done. I run a Wild Coast Tents Big Sky which works well to house the family on the road.

That said, I am working towards several changes this year for both the rig and the trailer that will add some capability.

Attachments

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Our set up currently is a 2016 Ram 1500 pretty much bone stock and we have a Fleetwood evolution e2 that we have taken down more than we thought the truck or trailer would be happy with lol. This set up has been planned to be temporary but has come in handy for those trip with family members tagging along and the toilet is a definite plus for the wife. We will be changing the set up in the future to a 2500 with a fwc probably a hawk. But for now this works well for us. IMG_20181022_200604_523.jpegPANO_20181022_111225.jpeg

Roam Wild Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor I

Halifax, NS
Member #

Our set up currently is a 2016 Ram 1500 pretty much bone stock and we have a Fleetwood evolution e2 that we have taken down more than we thought the truck or trailer would be happy with lol. This set up has been planned to be temporary but has come in handy for those trip with family members tagging along and the toilet is a definite plus for the wife. We will be changing the set up in the future to a 2500 with a fwc probably a hawk. But for now this works well for us. View attachment 90797View attachment 90798
Evolutions are hard to find!! I spent awhile looking for one myself at one point. Nice set up!

Reactions: Make Wai Overland

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Evolutions are hard to find!! I spent awhile looking for one myself at one point. Nice set up!
Thanks. Yeah we are really liking it. We spent a good 4 months easy looking for one with a large distance range to find one. Ended up finding ours in great shape for a price that I kinda felt bad paying ( it was dirt cheap for one of these) and it was only like 20 min away lol. They are great for what they are. Do have limitations but at this point the trailer is more trail capable than the rig so works for us lol.

Reactions: Roam Wild Overland

GreyMudder

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Saint-Louis de Kent, NB, Canada
First Name
Rino
Last Name
Granito
Member #

lc-1997.png

I bought this LC 1997 sight unseen in Alberta. It was shipped to Montreal. The PO was great and this is a great truck.. Now rebuilding it. New pics on the way (post rebuild)

Make Wai Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

San Jacinto, CA, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Perez
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Vet
So far I have a simple set up, trailer isn't ready for overloading yet but its getting there. We have a 2007 Fleetwood Niagara, we remodeled the interior, did a spring over axel kit due to blowing a tire and blowing out a hub on the axel. I recently upgraded the outdated and under powered solar system to dual 100w Renogy panels and a Renogy Rover LI 30 Amp MPPT Solar Charge Controller with BT and Temp Monitoring with the plans to add 2 more panels. Since the trailer did not come with any real exterior lighting besides the amber light buy the door, I did a DIY LED light strip and added light strip conduit to defuse the lighting and it came out just right. For future mods I plan on doing either Timbren or Curisemaster independent suspension to make it useable on some overloading adventures, I also would like to add more off road worthy tires to help smoothen the ride. Also needed for overland travel is an articulating hitch from either Cruise Master or Lock-n-Roll, both do the exact same thing I guess just like the suspension it would come down to ratings, price and how much ill actually use it lol. More future mods will be a freshly painted exterior and new graphic design for a more modern look. Other future additions will be solar covers for the pop outs.

I added a few before and after pictures below and a recent cold weather trip up to Lake Hemet in Southern Ca!

Any questions/input will be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

Make Wai Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

San Jacinto, CA, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Perez
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Vet
Our set up currently is a 2016 Ram 1500 pretty much bone stock and we have a Fleetwood evolution e2 that we have taken down more than we thought the truck or trailer would be happy with lol. This set up has been planned to be temporary but has come in handy for those trip with family members tagging along and the toilet is a definite plus for the wife. We will be changing the set up in the future to a 2500 with a fwc probably a hawk. But for now this works well for us. View attachment 90797View attachment 90798
I dig it! I plan on doing independent suspension on my pop up. We went with a much larger one because we are a family of 5, we occasionally camp off grid but it’s mostly campground stuff.