Show me your Ute/Pickup Overland set-up!

• HTML tutorial

BrunySpec

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Canberra, Australia
Member #

Edit: This thread will undoubtedly be used to solve my own problem, used as a collective reference to my approach and hopefully be of some use to my US compatriots.

My 2009 Nissan Navara D22 is rather large for an Aussie ute (With 2" Lift and 32's) but is dwarfed by some of my US brethren. The fiberglass lid is my nemesis (But oh so lockable) so will outfit to my detriment.

Outfitting the rear styleside for overlanding has always been challenging and with a big trip coming up I am about to start on a new drawer/slide kitchen setup and I am looking for some U.S inspiration. I have the exterior sorted, everything is bolt on bolt off (cage, awnings, bags, cases, lights etc)... Just need to get a move on the tray interior kitchen/storage, and do it right first time.

Current plans:

Traditional Kitchen 'L' shape (quick 'Sketchup').

Cooker/Food prep area:
Lockable 3/4 length slide draw on left for stove-top, with lift-able lid for rear of draw, second stage slide for food prep etc

Long lockable slide on right for cooler, pelican cases/bags etc

Challenges:

Fiberglass lid.
Drop down rear ute tray door.

What I am looking for his pictures of rigs with US pickup overlanding interior setups, Tacoma, Tundra... Anything.

Pictures for reference:

20161026_195959.jpg
20161026_200038.jpg

Last edited:

BrunySpec

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Canberra, Australia
Member #

Some examples of Aussie inspiration when a hard lid is incorporated.

Love this orientation of this one (Disclaimer: No association), although not too keen on the size of the slide mounts.

camp kitchen 1.JPG

Last edited:

BrunySpec

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Canberra, Australia
Member #

Got to love google, same mobs Aussie solution for camper trailers (but on slides instead) would be ideal.

Do notice no wheel tubs in tray though, which would centre the kitchen in the tray a little too much perhaps:

Drifta 1.jpg

drifta 2.jpg