Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
In all seriousness though, I recently build a new drawer system for the back of my x. I still have to paint it (I don't have a garage, and it's too cold right now for paint).

I still need to get my gear in it, but here's the finished product.

All the electrical for my auxiliary electronics is hidden unter the top and up against the back of the seats. There's also an inverter and a water pump under there. There's a faucet on the passenger side, tucked up against the rear passenger side speaker. I have a 10 gal water tank that ended up being a bit too big, so right now, I'm trying to figure out what my options would be.

Reactions: NiteSky and EXPO_D1

Virginiawilderness

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vienna, Virginia
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Rachel and I run a drawer made by Sherpa Equipment Company (link) but I don’t see it on their site any more. Love this thing! Really improved our life around camp. On day trips we use it for recovery gear. On longer trips, it serves as our kitchen.

F83CD4A1-EC5B-418F-9381-7D988CD829DE.jpeg

649620FE-C319-461F-9372-CE4AEF416B06.jpeg

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
It took a few trips with my Decked drawers to get the configuration I wanted. I found the "tool box" and "dividers" didn't give me the desired effect, they are limited in placement. I finally have things organized with the tings I need most often at the front. Tie downs are in the storage boxes at the convenors. The new top just over the wheel wells is a larger surface area for the 2 totes I still use and sleeping is roomier.

Reactions: Sparksalot

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Built my own 4 years ago from just 12mm birch plywood. Have held up great. Best part about diy is you can build exactly what you want and usually maximize your space that way. E495547A-7CB6-4374-87CC-EB7EF800C256.jpeg

NiteSky

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Shoreline, Washington 98155, United States
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McCabe
Member #

In all seriousness though, I recently build a new drawer system for the back of my x. I still have to paint it (I don't have a garage, and it's too cold right now for paint).

I still need to get my gear in it, but here's the finished product.

All the electrical for my auxiliary electronics is hidden unter the top and up against the back of the seats. There's also an inverter and a water pump under there. There's a faucet on the passenger side, tucked up against the rear passenger side speaker. I have a 10 gal water tank that ended up being a bit too big, so right now, I'm trying to figure out what my options would be.
I love that bottom pull out in the left drawer! I'm going to add that to my build. Such a great idea to create some counter space.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Thanks! When I was using the truck, I just used the tailgate. It made a great prep table and cooking surface. I lost that when moving to the Xterra. I still need to coat the table in polyurethane, and obviously paint the plywood, but I'm quite happy with how it's turned out so far. I might even add a lift top to the drawer to give me even more table space. I've not decided yet.

Reactions: NiteSky

rb9228

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Yuma, Arizona, United States
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Banning
Member #

PIcked up this used Decked system from one of my wheeling buddies. I replaced the locks and stuffed the drawers with a bunch of recovery gear, and other odds & ends I didn't want in the cab..

Andrew Leach

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston, TX
Member #

IMG_2073.jpg
Trekboxx is a company out of CA that ships anywhere in US. Pricey no doubt, but I really love my set up for a 5th Gen 4Runner