Show me a Road Sign.....really any sign...

• HTML tutorial

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Ah,......Pendelton. For years I heard about Cabbage Patch hill (grade). On a work trip heading home, 1 year, my partner and I were rolling East and came thru there. Realized where we where, and sure enough, saw what is must be a daily like occurrence, a semi at the bottom, pulled over, rear tires/brakes smoking badly and maybe on fire. That hill is bad ......juju. I have watched some You-Tube videos, and you can see the truckers who respect that grade, and those that end up in trouble. That EDIT: 10 7miles, has to be seriously respected.

That trucker, he was lucky he had any brakes left, and could have either ended up on the run-away ramp, or in a pile at the bottom.
Watched a Ford Mustang pretty much burn to the ground on that hill. When I got the driver to pull over the brakes were on fire. She had no clue what downshift meant. Imagine I scared her to death frantically waving, screaming at her to pull over. She shook her head no at me 5 or 6 times before she realized her car was burning to the ground. I can only imagine the thoughts going through her mind when I started trying to get her to stop.