Show me a Road Sign.....really any sign...

• HTML tutorial

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
A TYPICAL "TOURIST" ERUPTION
The eruption has been described as a "tourist eruption," a term commonly used by Icelanders for minor eruptions that can easily be accessed. Of course, the usual thing to do when a volcano erupts is to get as far away as possible. But in Iceland, the "usual" response is the opposite. So Icelanders started flocking to the eruption site to look at the spectacular show nature was offering.

The eruption site turned out to be pretty safe with the proper precautions of avoiding the hot lava and gas. The Icelandic voluntary search and rescue teams also immediately showed up to ensure safety at the site, and their valuable work continues while the eruption is ongoing.
Iceland.jpg
Lava1.jpgLava2.jpgLava3.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
A few images from outback Australia - puts a different perspective on "Honey, I'm going out for a drive":tearsofjoy:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WOW, seen road trains before, but that sign about 'no services' would have so many here under prepared for any problem they would encounter. I imagine even those who live in the area, find it a challenge. Here they would demand that the government do something. As it would be unexceptionable.

SAD,...................Can not imagine traveling 353 km, and then coming 50 km's or miles short on fuel. Service trucks must make a bundle ! Your post ties right in on the fuel thread, about extra fuel on your rig when trip planning.

Last edited:
Reactions: 64Trvlr and Ubiety