Launch Member

Traveler III

Carradale, Scotland
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Yes give us a shout when you are down this way. Cool AWD transit, we are about ready for a bed inside a vehicle, would prefer a AWD van with character rather than a white box.
I converted ours myself in the back garden a couple of summers ago. Spent good money on mattresses, compressor fridge, b2b charger and a decent leisure battery, did the rest completely DIY. If there’s anything we’ve done that would suit you, feel free to copy, modify, adapt, whatever!IMG_2097.JPGIMG_2657.JPGIMG_1980.JPGIMG_5108.JPGIMG_5107.JPGIMG_5106.JPGIMGP0942.JPG

MunsterGeo Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Mid West Ireland
First Name
John
Last Name
C
Member #

Hullo Folks,

John from the Mid-west of Ireland here.

LMC Liberty on a Ford Transit chassis or a Suzuki SX4 4wd with a Vango Banshee depending on the trip!

Any folks popping across the pond give a shout :smiley:

Reactions: keeflester

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hullo Folks,

LMC Liberty on a Ford Transit chassis or a Suzuki SX4 4wd with a Vango Banshee depending on the trip!

Nice to have you here and thanks for the kind offer. I think we have a couple of other members in your area to connect with and who you can find on the member map.

Reactions: MunsterGeo Overland

keeflester

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Carradale, Scotland
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Hullo Folks,

Hiya John, Kathy and myself are hoping to get across the water some time in the next few months. We have a notion to travel some of the wild Atlantic Way, unless you know something better! Would be great to meet another enthusiast for a cuppa tea, or a beer or two!

MunsterGeo Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Mid West Ireland
First Name
John
Last Name
C
Member #

Can't think of anything better, the WAW is a great trip. Plenty to see along some seneic and sometimes rugged coastline. Are you planning campsite stops, " wild camps" or a mixture of both. I'll try and advise as best I can and point you in the direction of some local online resources for sites too.

We should definitely try and meet up if we can at all.

Reactions: keeflester

keeflester

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Carradale, Scotland
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Can't think of anything better, the WAW is a great trip. Plenty to see along some seneic and sometimes rugged coastline. Are you planning campsite stops, " wild camps" or a mixture of both. I'll try and advise as best I can and point you in the direction of some local online resources for sites too.

We should definitely try and meet up if we can at all.
Brilliant. We’re mostly about wildcamping, but we do like to get a shower about once a week. I wouldn’t bother, but Kathy says it’s not nice to stink . I’m okay with spending a tenner or so if it gets a great view, somewhere to dump our trash bag, fill up water, etc. It’s nice to put the canopy out and sleep with the doors open.

Attachments

MunsterGeo Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Mid West Ireland
First Name
John
Last Name
C
Member #

Brilliant. We’re mostly about wildcamping, but we do like to get a shower about once a week. I wouldn’t bother, but Kathy says it’s not nice to stink . I’m okay with spending a tenner or so if it gets a great view, somewhere to dump our trash bag, fill up water, etc. It’s nice to put the canopy out and sleep with the doors open.
A dip in the Atlantic can be just as good as a shower sometimes! If you don't mind the cold that is....

Unfortunately one won't get much in Ireland for £10 I'm afraid with campsites running around €30 per night give or take, with some charging an extra €5 for electricity and €2 per shower (typically 6 mins...)

We do trips with a club and find that costs pretty much halve on organised trips for campsites and grounds not open to the general public while the membership fee is recouped on the vehicle insurance discount!

I'll pop up a link to a resource soon. It got both free and paid level of access. I only use the free access so can't comment if it's worth the €5 annually recurring charge for the paid access.

Have you checked out the Wild Atlantic Way passport? It's unfortunately €10 (I'm really thinking that we'll be charged for breathing next here on the Emerald Isle....) but might be a nice momento if you're doing the whole trip. Passport | Wild Atlantic Way

Anyhow, we should probably start a new thread as this is going a bit off topic or pick up in the Wild Atlantic Way thread?

vandrarphoto

Rank IV

Pathfinder III

USA
First Name
Vanessa
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Hi Vanessa here (vandrarphoto)
Member 17373
Currently based in London but have quit my job and am moving to Spain. I will begin exploring the continent by Jeep beginning this autumn.
Have been busy getting road ready.
Excited to get out from behind a desk and on the road.

57390119_10157245115096085_8085636634663452672_o.jpg

WouterP

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

West-flanders (Belgium)
First Name
Wouter
Last Name
Parmentier
Member #

That's
Hi Vanessa here (vandrarphoto)
Member 17373
Currently based in London but have quit my job and am moving to Spain. I will begin exploring the continent by Jeep beginning this autumn.
Have been busy getting road ready.
Excited to get out from behind a desk and on the road.

View attachment 109706
That's a nice copple of dogs !
And the Jeep isn't that bad eather
If you drive treu Belgium you may always give us a cal. It would be Nice to meet, or you can camp in the yard or something ;)

Good luck with the travels !!

Reactions: vandrarphoto